Hit a wall

Options
So I have hit a wall and I can't really seem to lose much more weight with my current food/exercise regime but when my goal weight is to lose another 10/15 lbs.
Any advice for a person who is plateauing?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • simpledelights93
    simpledelights93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't see results is no reason to give up! because you're nearing your target it will get harder. Smash that wall girl! Have faith! <3
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Without know to much details, of what you do, id say increase the exercise more if possible. But don't increase it to much as you wont to leave room for more increases at a latter date to avoid to much plateauing. It always worked for me.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My last 10lbs took a long time to shed. It was even slower than a .5lb loss per week despite my best efforts to exercise and eat well. My body fought to hang on to the weight. Eventually I came closer to my goal. Persistence really is key and those last few pounds have really transformed my body. Finally my tummy fat has gotten less and less
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    honestly if that's you in your pic i think you look great now!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If that's how you look right now in the pic I can't see where your going to lose that much from.
  • flawwd
    flawwd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wonder how tall you are? 100 lbs as a goal weight is way too low for most. Maybe you are levelling out at 120 because that is actually near your set point and your body is resisting going any lower? Just thoughts.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose, according to your profile pic. Start lifting heavy weights, and I think you'll see huge changes in your body. Recomposition does amazing things!