Need help: Meal Planning for specific nutrition goals

Options
I have decided that my method of not planning is not working very well, and it leaves me feeling confused and I feel like a failure some days. I have found that I'm eating too many grams of sugar and then at the end of the day I'm afraid of eating more because of it - which sometimes leaves me with less than 1200 cals a day (which is not good.)

So I've decided to try bodyrock.tv's plan to eat 5 meals a day which will consist of: 1 lean Protein (9g per meal), 2 Cups of Veggie's, or 1 Cup Veggie and 1 Med sized fruit, and 8g's of healthy fats.

ALSO: Another rule is NO BREAD, unless I exercise for it.
The break down of nutrients has to be (for each meal):

240 calories
33g carbs
8g fat
9g protein
4.8g sugar
500mg sodium (or lower of course)

Now the problem is deciding what I can eat for each meal - Like actual meal ideas... This is pretty challenging.
Breakfast is probably the toughest one to think of, and after that it's not so difficult.

I was hoping that some of ya great people could help me with ideas for meals based on this criteria?

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would recommend avoiding being super-stringent about your meals--I've tried planning meals by saying "x cals/meal, x carbs/meal, x protein/meal, etc." and it just becomes too confusing and worrying for me. Instead, try planning all of your meals ahead of time and making sure that they balance at the end of the day. Of course, this meal-by-meal idea might work perfectly for you--everybody's different and it's certainly worth a try!

Another thing I'll point out is that fruits technically have a lot of sugar, but it's different sugar than you'd find in bread or sweets--keep that in mind if you are going over your sugar goal (since it seems like you're potentially eating 1 fruit with each of 5 meals...).

There's a lot you can do for breakfast--egg-white omelette with some asparagus/zucchini/onions/peppers/tomatoes/etc., low-fat smoothies (use skim milk if it fits with your "allowed" foods--or even yogurt--plus fresh fruit, some ground flax to thicken), or possibly even use leftovers from supper heated up. I find breakfast is sometimes an exercise in "What do I have in my fridge that I need to use up), because I'm not quite as "picky" in the AM.

Good luck!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    interesting idea. i don't think i could stick with it, but i wish you tons of luck!