Does anyone use Retin-A?

Options
sparklelioness
sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
The weight loss forums didn't seem apropo for this, so i'm putting it here. I've just started using Retin-A, .05 percent, it's less than a week in and people are telling me I look five years younger. I am having a bit of redness and peeling but apparently that's normal at first? Regular moisturizer irritates my skin right now, so I've been using pure vitamin E oil on my face and it's helping with the peeling.

Just curious if anyone else has used it, and if so what were your results? Do the results last once you stop using it or is it pretty much once you start, you have to keep going?

Replies

• sparklelioness
    Options
    bump. are we allowed to bump? if not, my bad.
  • turtlesaver
    Options
    I've never had a prescription for Retin-A but I've used .5%, 1%, and 2% Retinol serums for the past 2 years. Redness, peeling, dryness, oiliness, and increased sun sensitivity are all really common when you being using any form of topical Vitamin A, and will fade over time. I find that it takes a week or two for most people to start noticing a difference, but if everyone is already noticing a change that's great!
    The results will gradually fade once you stop using the product, however, if you use it long term it can prevent further skin damage and aging so you do get some long term benefits. If your skin feels dry or chapped you might try Argan oil, it's a little quicker to absorb than Vitamin E oil and is a wonderful natural moisturizer.
    Personally, I find high concentrations of Retinol make my oily skin even oilier and can cause some pore blockage. I use salicylic acid a few times a week to help keep my pores clean. I use the Retinol every night, followed by Argan or Passionfruit seed oil.
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try the Argan oil :)