Way more energy

Options
I have way more energy than I have ever had my entire life. I have been very sedentary (I will sit at my desk for 12 hours a go sometimes) but as I have gotten more physically active and changed my diet to being more controlled I have found that my energy levels make me feel like i could go on exercising for another hour or so for some reason.

Stats:
23, 5'7, 251-252
900 calories a day (I am in recovery for ED and am proud that I have managed to work up from 200-300 calorie daily diets to something like 900 [I am still working on increasing it slowly but right now it makes me feel bloated to consume more than 900 for some reason and I get lethargic])
I use the defaults on MFP which I heard typically run low on the numbers you actually need but have not experienced any undue side effects or discomfort
I exercise 60 minutes a day on a stationary bike at the average pace of 15mph (I just recently starting incorporating 2-15 minute dance workouts for core exercise and 2 -15 minute light stationary cycling warmups prior to my intenser workouts

My question is:

Is this normal?
Should I be concerned?
Will it stay like this?

I am staying well hydrated as well if that is another question

Replies

• schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You will eventually crash on 900 a day. Work your way up to 1200 AT LEAST. 900 is not sustainable in the long term. When you burn out you might feel like a failure but you're not.. It's just unnatural to try to function on only 900 and THRIVE.

A very popular you tuber came from a background of ED and is now extremely lean and healthy, eating up to 3000 calories a day. She is about 5'7 and 110-114 pounds. Youtube: FreeleeTheBananaGirl. Google the banana girl there are so many success stories. GET LEAN and good luck!
  • wisteriafleur
    wisteriafleur Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You will eventually crash on 900 a day. Work your way up to 1200 AT LEAST. 900 is not sustainable in the long term. When you burn out you might feel like a failure but you're not.. It's just unnatural to try to function on only 900 and THRIVE.

A very popular you tuber came from a background of ED and is now extremely lean and healthy, eating up to 3000 calories a day. She is about 5'7 and 110-114 pounds. Youtube: FreeleeTheBananaGirl. Google the banana girl there are so many success stories. GET LEAN and good luck!
    i know its not sustainable long term which is why ive been working on it daily but it is a daily struggle and when i eat ANYTHING at all i have to fight the urge to exercise compulsively. it kind of bums me out but i remember that its a learning process not something i can get a handle on instantly

thanks so much for the help ill definitely check it out
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You are kidding, aren't you?