Not losing

Options
Hi, I have ramped up my exercise routine since JUNE, but the wii an the walking havent heped me lose weight! I didnt want to go back to low carb since it is very limiting! I have been on this site since last SEPT.

Replies

• JDM11Q
    JDM11Q Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

I've been on less than a week and listed a target drop of 1.5lbs/wk and in 6 days I've lost 1.9.

Are you adhering to your net calorie goals and doing enough cardio??

45 min a day has done the trick for me.
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Studies show that albeit fun, the Wii Fit is not an appropriate tool for weightloss. I agree, it's a good time - but you need to either walk more, or do some resistance training. You need to get your heart rate up.

Also, are you weighing and measuring your food exactly? Or just eye-balling? Are you having "just one cracker" here or there?

I know that for myself, if I allow myself to eyeball things and/or to sneak a peanut m & m here or a cracker there - that all adds up!
  • amhart80
    amhart80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    First and most importantly, please do not go back to low carb. Anything you lose on low carb, you will absolutely gain back. It is a quick fix, and not something your body can maintain long term. (I know this not only from research, but also personal experience!)
    Secondly, you may just not be burning enough calories on the wii.
    Make sure you are doing something almost everyday. A long walk is great. 20 minutes on the elliptical (If you have access to one). Invest in a good workout dvd. Jillian Michaels has some great dvds. She has one especially geared for beginners, too. I always purchase them from amazon, you can get a great deal.
    Another great thing to do, is to change your food diary settings to list sugar as well. It can be very insightful. You want to make sure you are not going way over this number.
    Good Luck,
    Don't get discouraged! Your body will thank you!
  • lmtncb
    lmtncb Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

First off don't give up! I agree that low carb is only temporary and we all eventually crave those carbs so it's a question of just allowing yourself what you want as long as you stay within your calorie limit. I was on weight watchers for 8 months and only lost 16 lbs. and that was with exercising 3-5 times a week AND adding weight training. It was extremely frustrating!!! After doing this program for a few weeks I found that I was just not measuring my portions the way I should. I too have added sugar count to my daily measurements and it is very eye opening.
    I am still exercising and weight training but now, since I am staying within the 1200 calorie a day limit AND I saw my doctor and got all of my hormones straightened out (major contributor) I have already lost 3 lbs in just a couple of weeks. I think this is an excellent website and food monitor. I just had to change my thoughts as far as weighing and measuring. Portion control IS KEY!
    Hope this helps. Hang in there, we're all in the same boat.
  • mryantaylor
    Options
    Mix it up. I have a long way to go myself, and when I get stuck in a weight zone, I know I've got to try something else. One small change at a time.

I started with stationary bike, then moved to hiking. Now that Fall has set in and my hiking buddy (my wife) is teaching again, I'm back to stationary bike with road biking and I'm learning to do pilates.

The book I'm using as my biking guide says that most people who lose it and keep it off do an hour of excersise a day. A good long walk or a bike ride, etc. You can lose even more by getting in a really long (2 hrs or more), low-intensity session once a week of any cardiovascular exercise. I myself, since switching from hiking, need to get that going again.
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Low-carb diets do work, but just like one of the posting stated, it is only temporary for the most part.

You should look at watching your calories as well as going with "good carbs".

I just used both the low-carb and low-calorie diet plans.

I have since increased my carb intake more just about every month.

So it is up to what you feel is good for your body and see if it works.

But I do agree with the other posting that just doing a low-carb diet isn't the answer.
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I hit a plateau about 8 months ago and found the C25K (couch to 5k) website...I was never a runner and I have now run in 4 5k's and have recently signed up for my 1st 10k. The site takes you through an 8 week training program that slowly brings you up to running 3 miles...believe me it works!!!! I have also used some of Jillian Michaels DVD's (30 Day Shred and Power Sculpting) both really work you hard!!! Good luck and DON'T get discouraged...it's just another hurdle to leap over!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend for extra support and motivation :o)