Finally! :)

Options
The pounds are suddenly coming off so quickly. I've been busting my butt for 3 months, working up to this point. It feels amazing to begin to see myself take control. It all began August 1st, my first day smoke free in over 10 years. I wore a patch for 2 days. Couldn't take it. I channeled all the insanity that comes with quitting by focusing on improving my health. I started to exercise everyday, starting with 30 minutes on the elliptical on the lowest level. It was so hard as I was inactive for so long. I am currently up to an hour of elliptical training, but I go 3-5 times a week, not everyday anymore. I've realized that total deprivation and no breaks doesn't work. You have to take care of your mental health to best nurture your physical well being. I also have to thank my recent diet change to an almost all the way vegan with the exception that I still wear leather and silk. But consumption wise... nada. No animal products for me, and I have gone organic as well. I read Skinny ***** and like that they convinced me a vegan lifestyle was what I needed. it has been really easy for me, I think I just happen to have already enjoyed health food so I had an advantage in that sense. But I also love the fact that I can have my ice cream often (soy of course,) and I can snack and keep control of my calories but not as intensely as I had to before by any means. I have never felt so pure and so healthy in my life. I used to suffer from constant bloating, periods that crippled me with cramps. My periods are cramp-less (dead serious), no bloating at all anymore. My jeans are getting looser, as my waist is getting smaller and my smile is getting wider.

Oh yeah and hot yoga, do it! You'll thank me later.

Replies

• rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    that is great! keep up the good work!
  • albredera
    Options
    I'm right there with you.... my last meat eating day was July 31, 2010 and I couldn't be happier. It has been the best lifestyle change I have made in my life to date. I also have had easier menstrual cycles since giving up meat. And, I haven't had a migraine since August 1, 2010 :happy: - that's +/- 70 days....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!