Setting mini-goals... help?

Options
So...

I had been avoiding setting mini-goals, afraid that I would set something unreasonable and be all bummed out if I didn't make them.

BUT - after a few days of less than stellar everything, I think it is time to suck it up and set some to keep me on my toes and honest.

Any suggestions as to what is reasonable/recommended?

Currently I have access to a gym with a pool and a reasonable ability to track and control my foods.
I have a known deadline/shift in living place as of Nov 2 so was thinking of trying to come up with something to fall in line with that...any suggestions?

Thank you for any/all help etc.
^_^

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is take whatever date you want... Nov. 2nd, right? Now think of how many pounds you know you're capable of losing in a week. (Hopefully somewhere between .5 and 2 pounds a week.) Then, count how many weeks (if you weigh-in once a week) until your set date. There's, let's say, 4 weeks until the week of Nov.2, so you could set a goal to lose up to 8 pounds by then. I do all of my weight loss mini-goals (the one's with dates at least) by 2 pounds a week, because I'm still at that stage where I can lose 2 pounds give or take each week. I don't know your starting weight, so you might actually be better off setting your goal at 4 pounds instead of 8 by Nov.2. Just think along the lines of that.
  • sjaudio
    sjaudio Posts: 52
    Options
    Aside from just a weight loss mini-goal (two kilos would probably be a good number to shoot for), how about a fitness goal? Do you have your GPS with you? Give yourself a number of miles/kilometers that you need to run before the end of the month (even if it's only on a treadmill).. How about a strength training goal? Number of pushups you can do in a row (or something along those lines).
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! ^_^