Does this count??

Options
I'm going to supposedly the "worlds largest cornfield maze" tonight and I'm not sure if I should count it or not.... last time I went (different maze) we were in there for over 2.5 hours and had to have someone show us the way out... and we were walking at a pretty brisk pace.... should I wear my HRM? Does this even count as something?? It's certainly something pretty active to do with a group of friends and it's lots of fun too!! I beats hanging out in a bar drinking a beer like we'd normally do! Any thoughts or insight is greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'ld log it as exercise, for sure! Walking for a couple of hours is definatly worth several hundred calories!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you've got a HRM, then what the heck.... wear it! Not sure how accurate the reading will be if your heart rate is only slightly raised, but it'd be cool to see the comparison from what it says as to what the database says for walking.

This is not something you do every day, so if you're walking for hours - even if it turns out to only be a slow pace, I'd say it counts as exercise!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok during my normal work out today (p90x legs & back) I've decided that I don't want to wear my HRM because 1. it's uncomfortable 2. It was expensive and I don't want to somehow end up losing it in the middle of the cornfield!!

Now I still sort of want to count it.... also to make sure I've had enough calories and all that fun stuff.... I think I'll take a look at what MFP is telling me and lowball it a little bit.... right now it's saying 2 hours of slow walking (2.0 mph) is like 430 calories.... not so sure about that... but maybe like 300?? It might even take us a longer than that... not sure... guess I'll try to play it by ear and see how it goes!!!! We may end up at a bar after anyway... so any calories i do burn will more than likely be consumed!