Calories for milk in Tea and butter

Options
2»

Replies

• GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    For dinner I never use more than 1/2 cup of melted butter. That usually is enough to sautée veggies and add flavor to anything else. I usually stay less than 200 calories with it though. And for milk, I use fat free which is 90 calories per cup, but it's still logged, even when a small amount.
    Just to say a cup isn't really an accurate measure of butter. Also 1/2 a cup will likely be nearer the 800 mark than 200 which you are logging

I meant 1/4. My bad. Also, I said melted. Cups are accurate when using liquids.

1/4 cup of butter is 407 calories. That's slightly more than 45 grams.

I personally don't trust a cup measurement even if the butter is melted, just because even a small variation (that might not be perceptible to the eye) makes a tangible calorie difference.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I drink almond milk and it has very little calories I have it in my coffee and on my cereal and its very rare that I have margarine only have it in mashed potato family loves there mashed potato or when I have a cup of soup I have some margarine on some bread
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk and it has very little calories I have it in my coffee and on my cereal and its very rare that I have margarine only have it in mashed potato family loves there mashed potato or when I have a cup of soup I have some margarine on some bread
    Not massively less than skimmed milk and some has more than skimmed milk, for the record.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Not massively less than skimmed milk and some has more than skimmed milk, for the record.

Unsweetened almond milk generally has 35-45 calories per cup, whereas skim milk generally has 90 calories per cup.
    It's a difference, but it is unlikely to make or break your day. I prefer skim milk, as it also adds protein where almond milk does not.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I worked out I have 40-59 ml of semi skimmed per coffee and I drink 3-4 a dsy, I always include 200ml of milk in my diary daily to account for tea/coffee.

For butter, I only use it in toast. U put my slice on the scales and then zero the scales. I then add on 10-15g butter & add it to diary. I now do this whenever I gave toast ( only 2-3 times a week). I don't use butter in sandwiches etc.