Hand swelling when walking

Options
Hey MFP buddies,

I was wondering if any of you have problems with your hands swelling when your walking?:noway: I did some reseach and found out that it may be caused by dehydration becasue the swelling in my hands goes away after I stop exercising but I wanted to see if anyone on here has had the same issue. If you did tell me what happened and what you did to resolve it.:love:

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    My hands always do this after a walk. Drink more and keep your hands waist level when you walk.
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My did when I started....but I was pushing a stroller...Now I walk on the tread mill with my hands up near my waist...Stopped it completely!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! as soon as i start getting hot, my hands and fingers swell up and my fingers get red and look like little sausages! sometimes it's hard to move them, depending on how swollen they get, but it's not painful. it's been so bad at times that i can't even get my rings off. unfortunately, i've yet to find a cause or a remedy... but i have noticed that it only happens when i'm exercising outside. if i'm at the gym and walking on a treadmill or something, it doesn't happen.
  • Julesaf
    Julesaf Posts: 36
    Options
    haha We call these sausage fingers at my house! I just put my hands above my head for a while, and they go back to normal.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Pumping your arms while walking burns more calories and helps improve the circulation to your hands. I also shake out my hands or clasp and unclasp them too. It's about circulation. Keeping them warmer help too.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks I will try all of your suggestions!.....I did notice it does only happen outside....hmmm weird. Never happens on my elliptical.