Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
Follow_me
Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
Hi. I'm having some oral surgery done in a couple days and the dentist says it will be painful to eat for a couple days after the surgery. Can anyone recommend a nutrional yet tasty meal replacement shake? I don't have time to tast test a bunch. Thanks!!

Replies

• mayra26
    mayra26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I like the Herbalife Shakes, the sugar is a bit high but they taste good. Pro-nos is good too.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like the Boost Shakes - i think I had strawberry. I don't normally buy them but I was given them when I was doing clinicals in a nursing home. TONS of vitamins and minerals, etc. I don't know calorie or protein in them, though. They are used for clients who need to either gain weight and are given in addition to meals or people who can't eat.

Otherwise - make your own. You can even keep it simple and just throw in some yogurt, pb, and banana with a bit of milk.
  • ridgelab
    ridgelab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    EAS Myoplex original shakes 300 cal , 42 grams of protien, and fiber that fills you up without tons of fat or sugar like alot of the others.
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    EAS Myoplex original shakes 300 cal , 42 grams of protien, and fiber that fills you up without tons of fat or sugar like alot of the others.

Agreed!! The only ones I drink. Chocolate is my favorite!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I buy the protein shakes at GNC and add fresh or frozen fruit to them.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your inputs!!
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nutrabolics Athletes food which has a serving of green foods added already. I would probably add some healthy fats to keep you full (avocado etc)
    Syntha-6 by BSN is another good one