Hello

Options
I think it's possible that my first intro post was deleted... or I could have thought I posted it but didn't.. Mom brain... it stinks sometimes.

Anyway.... as stated above, I'm a mother. I have four daughters ranging from age 14 years to 15 months. I also have many pets, a fantastic husband who cooks extremely well and no job of my own (currently) - unless you count selling jewelry on Etsy.

I have always been overweight - well, at least since I was in the adolescent years. I think there's a family photo of me what I was five and I looked like a somewhat skinny kid. Other than that... nope!

The truth is, I'm fine with my weight. I stopped worrying about what others think and stopped caring about the social definition of acceptable beauty years and years ago (I don't even shave my legs anymore... sorry if that's TMI for you) I am 5'11 and weigh 280. This is me almost at my heaviest - though a few weeks ago I was 297.

I joined the site for three reasons, the first of which is that my little sis is here and I want to support her. I have to admit that curiosity was a part of it as well. Finally, I am concerned about my nutrition. I have a tendency to not eat well (generally not eat anything for breakfast at all.... even though I get my girls up and going just fine) and go for things that are convenient (which is why I drink WAY too much soda!) I want to cut back on the soda and my husband is finally willing to help me with that (hurray!) and as a family we're trying to scale back sugar because one of our youngest has pretty severe ADHD.

Well, there you have it... me in a 'nutshell'.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm glad you don't worry about what others think. This is all about being Healthy, so yes, time to change some of those habits. you can do it!!!!! you need that body lasting a long time for those kiddo's!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kim, and I am also the mom of three. My oldest is 14 as well! Mine are all boys though :) I have been on my weight loss journey for 2 years now. I have had some success. If you are interested in some encouragement and accountability, send me a buddy request. We moms have to stick together!
  • RainbowPowerPinkie
    Options
    You said hello in my intro post so I'll say hello in yours too! Hello!

We're the same height and weight too, what a coincidence X3 Tall girls rule!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Hell yes for rejecting beauty standards! I know my goal weight is nowhere close to what "standards" suggest I should be at, but I don't care. I haven't stopped shaving my legs, but my armpits are another story, lol.

Anyway, feel free to add me if you want. I'm looking for new and awesome friends.

(ps, I've been here for a while so I know my way around this thing if you need any help.)