Getting older and slower.

Options
Hello, everyone. My name is Mae, 41 years old, 4 wonderful kids and an amazing husband. They are my inspiration and make me want to better myself. Now that I'm getting older, everything seems to be getting slower. Like my metabolism, recovery and running. I've recently been diagnosed with hypertension and now taking meds for it. But I would love to get off these meds and be healthy, period. My goal is not just to lose weight, but specifically bodyfat. I've recently started working with a personal trainer to help me lose bodyfat the healthy and proper way. She's wonderful. She also helps me with nutrition. I want myfitnesspal to be a permanent part of my daily routine, so I'm in this for the long haul.

MFP has helped my husband lose over 50lbs and have been logging on daily for over 3 years for maintenance.

I'm hoping to have more friends for support and encouragement. Have a great day, everyone. Many blessings!

--Mae

Replies

• nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. My name is Mae, 41 years old, 4 wonderful kids and an amazing husband. They are my inspiration and make me want to better myself. Now that I'm getting older, everything seems to be getting slower.

You lost me at 41 being "older and slower." I'm 46 with hypertension and insulin resistance and have lost 24 pounds in a little over two months. Don't believe the hype.

Use MFP in a way that you feel is sustainable and decide how active/inactive you want to be and you'll be ok.
  • IndyCacher
    Options
    Older and slower?? Puhleeeeze. It's a state of mind. Buck up. I spent the weekend on the road with a bunch of entertainers who are 30 years younger than me, and they kept complaining that they couldn't keep up. :)
  • bjabdullah
    bjabdullah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the older of the replies. I'm 66 and just wanted to say; if I can do it, you can do it! We have to be re-educated about our eating habits. We just can't eat amounts like we are 30 and we still have to move the body. Start by walking, parking farther from the door when shopping & trying not to just veggs-out in front of tv or computer. I'm still just watching my Julian Michaels,Bob Harper DVD's (LOL) but I pulled out some old VHS Jane Fonda, Richard Simmons, Bruce Jenners, walking and dance that I do. :laugh: Start when you can.