Transformation Template Goals, Reasons, Action, and Reciproc

Options
This is from my blog but I thought I would post it here to help those struggeling with goals and in need of a little inspiration.

Two months ago I reached the point of absolute disgust with myself. I looked terrible. Nothing fit. I was FAT. I was wallowing in self pity and self loathing on the inside while making lemonade on the outside.

I numbed my pain with alcohol and it was having an impact on my thoughts. Alcohol allows you to lie to yourself and believe it... a little buzz turns into a deeper depression. That is the truth. I don't remember exactly what day it was (maybe before I signed up for MFP or maybe it was the day I did sign on) but the scale read 174.9 and I clearly remember thinking it was "off." Can you say DENIAL?

I signed up and was commited and for several weeks I exercised and ate "smart" but the pounds were not coming off like they used to and while I may not look, feel, or act 40 --my body knows the truth and 40 finally caught up with me. I had to face it. I was discouraged BUT I knew that exercising, eating right, and a drastic reduction in alcohol consumption was the correct thing to do and I had to believe that the numbers would eventually reflect my efforts.

In the trial and error process the first thing I learned is that I must consume a minimum of 1200 calories. Several weeks prior to this revelation I hovered around 900-1000 calories and I burned 500-1200 calories per day. Common sense would tell you that I should have been shrinking daily... calories in - calories out = pounds lost. Not so.

A newfound MFP friend (Karen) gave me the best unsolicited advice -- increase my calorie consumption to at least 1200 per day. While this advice went against everything I "knew" about my body (in the past) -- I realized that what I was doing wasn't working so I gave it a try.

On 9/15 I increased my calories to 1200 and I tweaked my workouts. I incorporated the JM 30 Day Shred into my routine, I walk a minimum of 10,000 steps per day (in addition to exercise) and I do at least 30-60 minutes of cario. Guess what? I am losing an average of 2-3 pounds per week and the inches are coming off too. (THANK YOU KAREN).

Today, I find myself setting transformation goals and referring to them daily. Perhaps this will inspire you to create your own. Here are mine:

Goals:

loose 25 pounds by Jan. 1, 2011
Exercise daily - no matter what.
run a 5k in less than 30 minutes
reduce body fat by at least 5%
drink in moderation and for enjoyment not for avoidance
Reasons:

Vanity meets healthy mind and body (to look and feel better)
To combat depression and anxiety
Career change: to never work again by being successful at what I love.
Patterns of action:

Old: Go out to eat and drink with friends for the socialization. New: Prepare my own foods and limit going out to once per week.
Old: sit and drink wine on Saturday while watching FN for "inspiration" New: Set constructive goals and do something every day to reach those goals
Old: Zone out and wallow in self-pity or ***** to friends. New: Get up and do something everyday and look beyond the goal... pushing myself to go the extra mile (on foot) or do the extra push-up knowing the feeling of accomplishment is its own reward.
Law of Reciprocation:

Log onto MFP and post the truth to inspire others. There is strength in numbers and no one has to do this alone.
Reach out to people in "real life" and offer encouragement to those I see at the gym or running. Make a new friend.
Congratulate with sincerity and notice other's accomplishments and finding the joy and inspiration in others.
Well -- there you have it... the truth as I know it today... stay tuned!

Replies