100 lbs to lose..who's with me?

Options
Hi! I am a 280lb women, 5'6" tall with two kids under the age of three and I work full time. I have a husband who is supportive but doesn't need to lose weight and I have a hundred lbs to lose. I am looking for one or two people in a similar situation to go on this journey with. i want someone who posts almost everyday and will look at my diary and ask questions and give suggestions. I will do the same! Let me know if that is you.

Replies

• tatecass
    tatecass Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! Our situations seem pretty similar, I have a 2 year old, married, work full time, go to school full time, and have 100 pounds + to lose! :) I update daily and my diary is open. I'll send along an add invite. I started 01/10/14 at 307.5 and currently am at 265, and a long way to go, as my goal is 150. Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • mrodriguez1082
    mrodriguez1082 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! Our situations seem pretty similar, I have a 2 year old, married, work full time, go to school full time, and have 100 pounds + to lose! :) I update daily and my diary is open. I'll send along an add invite. I started 01/10/14 at 307.5 and currently am at 265, and a long way to go, as my goal is 150. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Wow that is amazing!!! Congrats! How did u do it?!?!?!?! I too need to lose 100 lbs + im 5'6 and 280, and I have a one year old. Im doing this alone I have no support from family, friends, or boyfriend!!! Its really easy to binge eat due to stress so I will be sending an invite to both of you lovely ladies right now. My diary is also open and I post daily.
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I post everyday. I do look at my friends diaries and comment, but I only have 70 lbs to lose. You are still welcome to add me. And don't judge my diary yesterday. It was Easter :)
  • ambneu
    ambneu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. I have around 100 pounds to lose, more like 88 to reach my goal but, it is close enough right? I am hoping to find motivation, tips and friends on here. Saying your are going to do something and actually doing it are two different things. I am here for help and motivation as well as to hopefully get healthy! If you are in my area I would love to get to know you and hopefully gain some local motivation to get my off my rear! Exercise is more productive with a partner.
  • tombergj
    tombergj Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I joined MFP in January, and have done well so far, but have 100 more to go. I also have a very supportive husband (who does not need to loose weight), and two young children (5 & 2 y.o.), while working full time. I cannot promise to post every day, but would love to join in at times and follow everyone's journey and gain motivation also!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Already have!!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    me **Waves**

26 year old single mum to 3 aged 7,5&3. also doing a degree and im a photographer also. trying to find time to exercise! kind of wish i could treat it like a full time job lol

add me :) x
  • kristinahargraves
    kristinahargraves Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose and have 3 children 5 and under and a disabled husband. I would love to have friends on my journey as well. Look forward to helping you on your journey:)
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started off with 100+ to lose with a 2 (now 3) year old too! Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm not going anywhere and still have quite a bit to go!
  • Tildy828
    Tildy828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 280lb women, 5'6" tall with two kids under the age of three and I work full time. I have a husband who is supportive but doesn't need to lose weight and I have a hundred lbs to lose. I am looking for one or two people in a similar situation to go on this journey with. i want someone who posts almost everyday and will look at my diary and ask questions and give suggestions. I will do the same! Let me know if that is you.

I am 5'5" and 277lbs as of today. I would love to friend you and go down this path together. I am in Houston, Texas. My user name is Tildy828
  • mummma
    Options
    I started off with 100+ to lose with a 2 (now 3) year old too! Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm not going anywhere and still have quite a bit to go!

amazing loss!
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a working mom with a two year old. I'm 5'6'' as well. I started at 250 lbs. right after I had my daughter was born and am currently at 207. Looking to lose the remaining 57 lbs. to get to a goal weight of 150. I've been really slacking off the last few months and need some motivation and to get me going.
  • megans1980
    megans1980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I need to lose over 100 pounds. I am 5'6 and 290 :) I work full time (after 7 years at home with kids), I have a 6 and 7 year old and a husband who is supportive but doesn't need to lose a ton of weight! I have logged now for 12 straight days and lost about 5 pounds (water weight for sure). I would love to be a buddy if you need one! I'm having mental warfare with myself daily :)
  • chellelbelle79
    chellelbelle79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you as well! I am a 35 year old Mom of a 13 year old. After work is chasing her to her activities and sitting to watch her. Making time to go to the gym is always a challenge. I have close to 200 lbs to lose and just started my journey about 2 weeks ago. Had a couple of losses those 2 weeks and this last week struggled quite a bit. I will be here riding the journey with you!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Ringing the doorbell and walking away .. I still have a ways to go ... i keep setting micro goals, it makes me much happier with my progress
  • Tildy828
    Tildy828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love for anyone in the same boat to add me as well. I need to lose at least 100 lbs or more. I am 5'5" and have two kids ...although they are 17 and 14. I am 43 and holding! Feel free to add me so we can all go down this path together and be able to share our eating habits with each other. It really does help to give people more ideas on what to eat. :)
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

I have more like 180 to lose but I'm happy to be a friend and am looking for friends to share encouragement and inspiration with.
  • mummma
    Options
    ive added you all lol. accept if you want :) nice to have people who are on similar journeys! x
  • megans1980
    megans1980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to say.....seeing this many people post that they also need to lose 100+ pounds has made me feel less alone! Im my world, I am the only person with the need to and it can be depressing and hard to stay motivated!
  • Kelly2300
    Kelly2300 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a show of support. I feel really hopeful today!!! Thanks everyone.