ADVICE ON A BEGINNERS WORKOUT!!

Options
I AM VERY OVER WEIGHT AND I NEED TO WORK OUT BUT I NEED A LOW IMPACT TO START...I RIDE MY BIKE BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO CUT IT ANY GOOD WORKOUTS THAT WORKED FOR YOU?

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Walking
    Swimming
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walking
    Swimming

This !^

If you can't get outdoors "Walk At Home" videos are a great starting point. These are low impact aerobics (with no choreography) ....you can go at your own pace & build speed and the number of minutes when you're ready.

This is a YouTube channel ....Jessica Smith posted lots of walking videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jessica+smith+walking

This channel has Leslie Sansone & Denise Austin "walks"

http://www.totallyfreeworkouts.com/search/label/Walking

Leslie Sansone DVDs are likely available at your local library, Target, Best Buy
  • BreannaJohnson1030
    BreannaJohnson1030 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU I WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE AFTER WORK AND CHECK THESE OUT!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone Walk At Home Videos. There are many on Youtube so save your money. I also joined her website where you can track you miles and get free videos. Good Luck!
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know I am going to sound so overated, but Insanity has helped me so much and I highly recommend it. You get to workout at home and it only takes one hour max. I was 225lbs (my heaviest) when I started doing it, and yes it was hard, but I got used to it and Iove the challenge of getting better and faster at it each time I do it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone Walk At Home Videos. There are many on Youtube so save your money. I also joined her website where you can track you miles and get free videos. Good Luck!

There are tons of illegal YouTube uploads....and some legit ones too. It's hard to tell which ones are which. Her site would definitely be legit.....I might have to join.

I like DVDs because 1. I know they are legal and 2. Because you get different options. Here newest DVDs Party Songs & Radio Mix are chaptered (of course) but they also have a MUSIC ONLY option. This is great when you just want something different, or for those bothered by her (near constant) chatter.
  • BreannaJohnson1030
    BreannaJohnson1030 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i bought T25 due to having two kids under two i am always busy and never have time for myself but i am afraid to even try it and fail i just have been having such a hard time loosing weight after having my 2nd baby (my 6mo old) truth be told im beat and im just trying to start small...have you tried t25 or any of the other shaun T workouts?