Replies

• BabysBaby2003
    BabysBaby2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up!
  • PrettyBrownEyez29
    PrettyBrownEyez29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    that is really awesome! what have you been doing this first month? are you set to lose 1 lb or 2 lbs per week? any exercise?
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and thanks for reporting it here. It encourages all of us. Keep it up!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    High Five -- Congrats
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    that is really awesome! what have you been doing this first month? are you set to lose 1 lb or 2 lbs per week? any exercise?

I set my target at 2lbs per week, the max they recommend...but with what I have to lose, I can afford to be aggressive in the beginning. :)

The biggest help for me was buying a scale. I measure EVERYTHING. :) Logging everything has been very important. I love the recipe tool. :) Nice to know where I can afford to splurge. The hardest part for me mentally, was accepting that fats were OK. :) I try to keep it to healthy fats (nuts, avos, protein etc) and just focus on staying within my calorie goal. I do have some additional health issues, so I'm also watching my sugar intake. I don't worry about natural sugars for the most part (those found naturally in foods) as opposed to processed foods. I have 3 months until I see my doc again and need my blood sugar and cholesterol down, or I may be looking at meds.

Oh, and other major important factor....GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND MOVE! And water, I cut out pop in favor of water. I wasn't drinking hardly any water. Now I try to get in at least 60oz a day.

Plan, plan, plan. It really helps avoid the "hmmm, I'm hungry, what can I eat?" and grabbing something you may regret. I have an arsenal of snacks at work that I can eat that keep me from hitting the vending machines...or worse, fast food! And yes, I have given up almost all fast food. Notice I said almost. ;)
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have an arsenal of snacks at work that I can eat that keep me from hitting the vending machines...or worse, fast food!

Oh, I need to restock my snacks! yesterday I ended up with a bag of TGI Fridays cheddar and bacon potato skin chips. They didn't totally whack out my calories, but I need to watch my sodium.
    And yes, I have given up almost all fast food. Notice I said almost. ;)

I'm a recent vegetarian, so I know I'm a fast food junkie 'cause I've figured out what I can eat at most restaurants! Try to limit my fast food to the weekends, when I'm more active to offset the calories...