No Running for You?

Options
I never thought I would be able to run. Thanks to C25K, I'm starting to become a runner. My body is transforming and it is SO exciting. To all those who think you can't do it: you can! To all those who won't run unless chased: check out my blog for today at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/creechbc/view/no-running-unless-chased-44369

Replies

• iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i want to be a runner so bad! I think my husband and i are going to start c25k soon! can i ask you a random ?, how did you time the intervals? I considered it and started the first week a few times using the treadmill but, i don't want ot be a treadmill runner.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ok so I looked at your pictures and wow is your befriend/husband so excited about how hot you are?.....If not he should be....I am still waiting for mine to be...we weigh the same...I hope I look as good as you or atleast close....It is so hard to see yourself as you really are.....I keep try to get my husband (the photographer) to take some pictures....He never gets around to it......Congrats on your running......I moviate myself by telling myself to act like a skinny chick.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    i want to be a runner so bad! I think my husband and i are going to start c25k soon! can i ask you a random ?, how did you time the intervals? I considered it and started the first week a few times using the treadmill but, i don't want ot be a treadmill runner.

well, i mostly do the treadmill right now. i've heard that if you put the incline on 1 it is more like real running. but when i'm not on that, i've found that downloading songs for c25k helps a lot. there are many you can find. usually the way they work is there is 30 minutes of get-you-going music and when it's time to run or walk, a voiceover comes on to tell you. i like that a lot. just google "c25k playlist" and you should see a few options.

good luck!
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Ok so I looked at your pictures and wow is your befriend/husband so excited about how hot you are?.....If not he should be....I am still waiting for mine to be...we weigh the same...I hope I look as good as you or atleast close....It is so hard to see yourself as you really are.....I keep try to get my husband (the photographer) to take some pictures....He never gets around to it......Congrats on your running......I moviate myself by telling myself to act like a skinny chick.

Haha, well, this is me at almost my heaviest! I've only lost 8 lbs, but thank you! And no, my boyfriend has never had any complaints ;). BTW this comment has absolutely made my day. Thank you so much! It really is hard to see yourself, I agree. And pictures help, but comments like this help so much more.

Tell your hubby to get his butt into gear and take some pics! Haha Also, I like your motivation phrase!! lol
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    I just recently started running too!!! I ran my first official 5K today in under 30 minutes and I can run 5.5 miles at a time now without stopping... next stop 10K!!! :D

You can do it. It's difficult at first, as everything worthwhile is... but you can do it if you want it bad enough. Plus you get to see the beauties of running and how your body feels. It's so, so cool.