Trader Joe's Lovers

Options
Trader Joe's is quickly becoming my favorite grocery store.... Here are some things I have tried & I think are really good:

Chicken Potstickers with their asian sauce
Green tea with mint
73% Belgium Chocolates
Sour cream & onion rice crisps
Whipped honey
Low sugar strawberry preserves
Chili Flour Tortillas
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Organic Morning Lite Cereal
Alfredo sauce
Spinach & chive pasta
Apple & cranberry bran muffins (kinda weird but very filling, fiber filled & low cal)
Chili corn salsa (mixed with black beans - great as a dip or cold side dish)

I keep trying new things each week - some very good, others, well - should have saved the money. What are your recommendations/favorites?

Replies

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is quickly becoming my favorite grocery store.... Here are some things I have tried & I think are really good:

Chicken Potstickers with their asian sauce
    Green tea with mint
    73% Belgium Chocolates
    Sour cream & onion rice crisps
    Whipped honey
    Low sugar strawberry preserves
    Chili Flour Tortillas
    Cinnamon Raisin Bread
    Organic Morning Lite Cereal
    Alfredo sauce
    Spinach & chive pasta
    Apple & cranberry bran muffins (kinda weird but very filling, fiber filled & low cal)
    Chili corn salsa (mixed with black beans - great as a dip or cold side dish)

I keep trying new things each week - some very good, others, well - should have saved the money. What are your recommendations/favorites?
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    73% Belgium Chocolates

73% eh lol so are there like 100 in the box and 73 are from belgium? or 73% of the ingredience are fom belgium? but then are they really belgium chocolates :ohwell:

we dont have a trader joes in canada but it sounds like a really great and yummy place to buy stuff.... Maybe one day we will have one:ohwell:
    j~
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good! I'm not the only TJ fanatic!! hehe! I shop there at least once a week!

I get the rice crisps and apple/cranberry bran muffins a lot too.

I also love the Chili Lime Chicken Burgers, The Soutwest Turkey Burgers, the Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas (have those at least twice a week), their tuna and chicken salad (ready made) is great! The brown rice california rolls, Southwest Gourmet Flatbreads, Cinnamon Gourmet Flatbreads, Lite String Cheese, Pineapple Salsa, Chicken Drumettes, French Toast, Sweet Potato Spears (I make fries with them), the extra lean ground beef patties (150 cal, 5 g fat).

That is a few. I am always finding new things to love that become staples! :)

Oh, I love the Trader Joes Turkey Hot Dogs and Hot dog Buns too! DELICOUS!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    tamim is gonna start a business and smuggle us canadians some trader joes food .... right???
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Totally Addicted the TJ's.....however it being about 30 miles away and with gas prices :explode: trips are few and in between....LOL

zen
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Man, I really should start a personal shopping business!! Like, create a paypal account and get your grocery list...go shop for you....and just charge you enough to cover your food and the few expenses like Gas, shipping, etc... Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! LOL!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    LOVE TJ

I also love the cranberry/apple muffins (i also got the blueberry wheat bran and pomegranate)
    and
    cinn. or plain crumpetts (sp?)..so good with a little butter or pb/jelly
    on occasional the apple tarte
    TJ low-fat whole wheat bread
    Whole wheat hamburger rolls
    Kids cliff bars (pretty good and only 120 cals)
    TJ 3 cheese pizza is the best and only 270 cals for 1/3 pie (I have this 2-3x per week)
    Cheese sticks
    Kashi cereal
    TJ turkey bacon

I'm sure there's lots more....
  • TamTastic
    Options
    LOVE TJ

I also love the cranberry/apple muffins (i also got the blueberry wheat bran and pomegranate)
    and
    cinn. or plain crumpetts (sp?)..so good with a little butter or pb/jelly
    on occasional the apple tarte
    TJ low-fat whole wheat bread
    Whole wheat hamburger rolls
    Kids cliff bars (pretty good and only 120 cals)
    TJ 3 cheese pizza is the best and only 270 cals for 1/3 pie (I have this 2-3x per week)
    Cheese sticks
    Kashi cereal
    TJ turkey bacon

I'm sure there's lots more....

I love the tarte tatin but it is a bit spendy so I only get it on occasion too! LOL! And the cinnamon crumpets are so good! I like to just toast it and have it plain even.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm a total TJ junky too. Try the Eggplant Caponata next time you are entertaining and need an appetizer.

Layer some fat free cream cheese in a serving dish
    Pour the Eggplant Caponata over it
    Top it off with a spoon full of Capers and chopped Flat leave parsley

Beautiful presentation and very yummy.

Serve with whole grain crackers.
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    73% Belgium Chocolates

73% eh lol so are there like 100 in the box and 73 are from belgium? or 73% of the ingredience are fom belgium? but then are they really belgium chocolates :ohwell:

we dont have a trader joes in canada but it sounds like a really great and yummy place to buy stuff.... Maybe one day we will have one:ohwell:
    j~

Chocolates made with 73% dark cocoa from Belgium :blushing:
    40 cals a piece - it even has a couple grams of fiber... yummy!
  • kimber607
    Options
    tamim1974...

It's your fault..LOL..I was hooked on the apple tarte
    I was buying it weekly until I realized how much I was paying for it!
    :)

Kim
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    Tamin - I bought the Chili lime Chix burgers today (they look great). What do use the pineapple salsa with?

Kimber - I have two very hungry men(boys) at home - how filling are the pizzas?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to TJ's !!

I am a Koala crunch-er for breakfast
    Rice cakes - variety for snack
    get my flax seed there
    love all the muffins
    cheapest place in town to buy my fav - Luna bars

they also have the sugar snap peas in the special microwaveable bag - yum...

Tami - If you go into business, I am applying for a position as one of your shoppers!! any excuse to go and discover new items is a no-brainer!!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.....uh, gals! :drinker:

I am getting ready to go to Trader Joe's right now....it is a little off the beaten path for me, but well worth it. Someone mentioned their lime frozen treats/lime bars/limey things...whatever a while back in a post.....haven't tried them yet, but guess they are wonderful. :love:
  • kimber607
    Options
    LIG

The pizza's are YUMMMY, but I bet the boys could EASILY polish off one pizza
    My kids are only 3/4 so not as big of an appetite..If I don't have any it will last a few meals for them

Kim
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tamin - I bought the Chili lime Chix burgers today (they look great). What do use the pineapple salsa with?

Kimber - I have two very hungry men(boys) at home - how filling are the pizzas?

I just tried the pineapple salsa because I read great reviews about it. I used it as a dip for the chicken drummettes and the southwest style gourmet flatbreads. I thought about grilling chicken or shrimp and putting some of the salsa on it for a nice flavor. I also had it with some Baked Tostitos Scoops today! I like the sweet/hot thing once in awhile.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    tamim1974...

It's your fault..LOL..I was hooked on the apple tarte
    I was buying it weekly until I realized how much I was paying for it!
    :)

Kim

That's funny! But while most things at TJ are reasonable, that tarte is like $7. It is a great treat once in awhile though.

For those that don't know what I am talking about, TJ's makes an Apple Tarte Tatin that is like 120 cal and 3 or so grams of fat (is that right? I haven't had it in awhile, but either way it's low in fat and cals) for 1/4 of the pie. Yes, 1/4! That is a big piece!