How active would you say i am? calories do i need?

Options
Ulwaz
Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
Im female, 21
5 foot 10 inches
53 kg (underweight)

To maintain my weight its saying i need to eat at least 2200 calories per day but i really struggle with it. Im recovering from some form of eating disorder, but im trying my best to eat more. I work in a hospital 40 hours a week so i class my activity as active, is this right?

since im constantly on my feet walking back/forth on the ward, so im always doing something!

I also exercise once a day, cardio on my exercise bike for 15-20 mins a day depending on how much time i get

am i at the right activity level?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if your job has you walking all the time you would be active...and with exercise you eat those calories back (at least 50-75% of them)

To get in the 2200 calories get rid of light/low fat items

Full fat mayo
    full calorie hot chocolate
    Your jelly pots are sugar free...try the sugar added ones.
    add avocadoes to your tuna etc.
    eat some peanuts, almonds
    use full fat milk
    eat some ice cream or pizza...

As well some of your entries are suspect 1000g of green beans???? 1kg really?
    300g of chicken 300 calories??? 140g has 300 calories....
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If you are recovering from an eating disorder then why aren't you working with your doctor and a therapist?
  • Ulwaz
    Options
    im just asking for extra advice
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I would definitely classify you as "active." I know the calories seem like a lot if you're coming from a place of recovery from an eating disorder, but you can do it! Definitely try to incorporate more fat into your diet - it's the most calorie-dense macronutrient. Full-fat versions of everything are your friends (though I imagine non-fat and sugar-free are your "safe" foods - now is the time to stop being safe.) Nut butters are great, as well as oil and butter. Nothing wrong with those things.

It may help to fuel yourself throughout the day so you don't feel overwhelmed with so much food. Have a big breakfast. Then have a snack when you get the chance at work - fruits or veggies with nut butter or full-fat ranch or something similar is a good option, as are most protein bars - then have your lunch, plus a post-workout protein meal (protein powder and whole milk?), and dinner, and a bedtime snack for good measure. It sounds like a lot but throughout the day it makes taking in more calories easier.

Best of luck with your recovery!
  • Ulwaz
    Options
    2220 is just for me to maintain? so i need to aim for higher than that?
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    2220 is just for me to maintain? so i need to aim for higher than that?

Yes. Rome wasn't built in a day, but yes, you need to get above that in order to really gain weight. Go slowly, don't stress yourself out too much, and aim for the calorie-dense stars.
  • Ulwaz
    Options
    thanks everyone x
  • Ulwaz
    Options
    anymore advice guys?