Hi ..I'm hoping this will work for me

Options
Hi ... let me start off by saying iv NEVER EVER done anything like this before so this whole '' community '' thing is kinda scary for me so be gentle & patience with me ^_^

WHERE DO I START ????? hopefully myfitnesspal will help me with that <3

Replies

• jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It'll be fine, log honestly and accurately and you will be fine :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Along with logging...and finding a physical activity that you enjoy, read the forums with an eye for people who will support you either by their wisdom or by the fact that they do interesting stuff. As you can see from the above, not everybody is here to be helpful. However, you can surround yourself with inspiration with a well-chosen friend list.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Here...here is where you start. Just read the original post, not the 30+ pages that follow. Very good guide for beginners.
  • diggerjcb1966
    Options
    We're all in the same boat, so please don't worry! I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life (I'm 48) and have decided to take the sensible route and aim for a pound a week; it's not so scary this way. Just make sure you log everything, be honest with yourself; it's the only way. No one on here is going to be horrid (if they are, delete them), we all want the same thing. Good luck. Be brave and stay strong.