Favorite at home workout video?

Options
What is your favorite and most recommended at home workout video? Why? What success have you had using it?

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I was a bit of a madman.......I did everything.
    At one point in time, I was juggling Insanity, Asylum, Asylum Vol. 2, P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Focus T25, Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, Tapout XT, Tapout XT2.

After a while, I realized that my body (specifically my knees and ankles) did not like the high impact, which ruled out Insanity, the two Asylums, and both Tapouts. Also, I became bored by the slow and methodical weight lifting style workouts, which ruled out P90X & P90X2, and Pump.

I wanted workout videos that would give me the most bang for my buck, and most bang within my available time.......so I'm now only juggling P90X3 (30 minutes each), Focus T25 (25 minutes each), and Les Mills Combat (varying lengths, 25 - 55 minutes).

I love it, my time is maximized and I'm still dropping weight and getting fit.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite and most recommended at home workout video? Why? What success have you had using it?

Plank Workouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mV-c3u2KAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvzaUmLaTjI

Because they work
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of home workouts regularly because gym membership is expensive! I do Callanetics twice a week, thigh-master and basic weights/exercise ball exercises, Ballet Fitness or zumba and I give the whole house a really thorough clean once a week!

The cleaning is great exercise and immediately available :-) x
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I was doing Insanity, but due to a couple of injuries and illness, the starting and stopping made the program just work rather than fun. I enjoyed it when I started though. It's pretty intense and I agree with the above post that mentioned the high impact. If that doesn't bother you, that'd be a good one.

I'm doing Les Mills Combat right now. I LOVE it. It's a good workout, the time goes by really fast, and I feel awesome afterwards. Today is the start of week three, but I'm already seeing some changes in my body... especially in my arms & abs.

There are some workouts by The Firm that a lot of fun, too. I started out with those and worked my way up. Those workouts combine cardio with some light resistance using 3, 5, and 8 pound dumbbells.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Success for me is actually doing the workout.......

No Dread Factor

30 Minutes to Fitness by Kelly Coffey Meyer. She's pleasant & motivating. There is a modifier that I can follow if I need to. DVDs have lots of pre-mixes to keep it fresh

Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos - low impact cardio (no choreography...I have 2 left feet) ....I like to use a rebounder, this gives me just enough variety.
  • wendimarr
    wendimarr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just begun using the 30 day shred

I have been on FB and saw the amazing results and want to find out for myself. I am a very unfit 40something who has lost enough weight to feel happy about exercising now.
  • ellenmg
    ellenmg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2 for the PS3.
    Might not be considered a 'workout video' since it's more of a 'game'. It's like a boot camp workout with increasing levels of workouts. I love it & it's my main exercise besides walking the dog.
  • Kimshu
    Kimshu Posts: 5
    Options
    Leslie SAnsone's 5 mile walking workout...AND Zumba w the Riser!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire. I really like Chalene Johnson's style as an instructor. Plus, Turbo Fire introduced me to plyometric HIIT. The combination of exercises in Turbo Fire made noticable differences in my body beyond weight loss. I was stronger and leaner, but the biggest difference was in endurance. I had no idea I was capable of working that hard while still enjoying it.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the social aspects of going to the gym, so the only exercise I do at home is yoga, on my rest days from lifting. I like the "Element" series of DVDs, especially "Yoga for Beginners" with Elena Brower.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    X-factor ST its cheaper but more effective for me than any beachbody program (though I do love insanity) It is an 8 week program and comes with "yoga" dvd which is basic stretching, a total body and an abs disc as well. each level has very significant variations for your level depending on where you are and how you are feeling that day. Also it's a little cheesy so not super intimidating. I have lost15lbs using it 3 times but I did not stick to their diet plan (which is actually reasonable). I also really like Zumba I think it is just fun and not really working out. Good luck!
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely addicted to blogilates. The woman who does the videos, Cassey, is so cute and chats away to the camera and really helps keep you motivated. The workouts are crazy tough but I always feel amazing after and my strength has improved massively in the past 3 months I've been doing her videos
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pick just one favorite.

I started with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred (22 mins each) to combine cardio and strength.

I added HipHop Abs or Brazil Butt Lift, and when I was doing them regularly, I noticed a nice change in muscle tone in the target areas. My recommendation for starting is this: "Just because you CAN do full squats on the first day doesn't mean you SHOULD!"

Now, I usually run, but if I don't have enough time or if I've put too many miles on my body, I do T25 (25 mins+3min cool down). I haven't done it regularly enough for a noticeable change, but afterward, I'm a sweaty mess and getting sore in all the right places, so it's definitely doing something.
  • whitnizzle
    whitnizzle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender, http://www.fitnessblender.com/ (also on YouTube) - I see results pretty quickly if I stay consistent in using them 3-4x per week, especially in the endurance department :)

Also, Tae Bo with Billy Blanks and pretty much any form of yoga.
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am on a bit of a time crunch and as sad as it sounds, I really don't have time for any longer than 30 minutes on the weekdays. I do Julian Michaels 6 pack abs and 30 day shred. Sometimes if I'm looking for a little more burn after the 30 day shred, I'll pop in the Ab Ripper X from P90X.

I work 40 hours and have a little one.By the end of my workout, he is crawling all over me. I know excuses excuses, but I would much rather play with him than have a longer workout.

Weekends, if we don't do some sort of out door activity, I dance.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just about anything Jillian Michaels.

I started out with 30 Day Shred, moved to Ripped in 30 and also really like Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism for a good cardio workout. No More Trouble Zones is also a great one.
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Even tho I'm an Insanity instructor I think my all time favorites are Les Mills and T25. Love the music, the length and the impact isn't potentially horrible to your bod like Insanity and Asylum can be. Haven't tried P90X3 yet but that may be a new love ;)
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillian Michaels. I have her Body Revolution series, 30 Day Shred (which I am close to completing and giving to a friend), Extreme Shed & Shred, Hard Body, Ripped In 30, and Yoga Meltdown.

I also have Shaun T's Focus T25 (which looks absolutely awesome from the few preview peaks I've snuck) and Insanity waiting in the ranks!
  • el_crtss
    el_crtss Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been doing the workout videos on http://hasfit.com/ for a couple weeks now. I love them effective burn. I'm loosing inches, and they are free.
  • ElisaGetsHealthy
    ElisaGetsHealthy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great feedback, thanks everyone! I do have to stay away from high impact movements so this is great!