1 lb per week

Options
My goal is set to lose 1 lb per week, just curious if anyone eats all of their allowed calories and really loses 1 lb per week? Just getting started and looking forward to my journey. thanks

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If you set up your account with all the appropriate information, MFP will set your daily calorie goal at a deficit. If honestly log and enter all your foods and stay within that goal you will lose weight. Good luck!

If you haven't bought a food scale yet, run out and get one, it can be a cheapie $10 food scale, just make sure it weighs in grams and ounces and you can "tare" it when you place a dish or container on it.
  • diggerjcb1966
    Options
    My aim is to lose a pound a week but I just started 4 days ago. My sister is trying the same and she has lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks by sticking to her calories and doing gentle exercise. Good luck!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I set mine to lose 1lb per week, work out 3-4 times a week, and I eat back all my exercise calories (every single one of them) & drink loads of water. I've only been doing it for 12 days and I've already lost 4-ish lbs, presumably water & some fat. I think what I am doing is definitely agreeing with me, because I feel like I am eating enough to be satisfied, moving more, and seeing results. It's the perfect formula for me :)
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My goal was 2 lb loss per week. I made sure to eat the recommended calories (it was between 1250 - 1500) and I steadily lost weight when I stayed between that calorie range. It did not matter if I stayed at the higher end or the lower end of the range...I steadily lost weight every week for 8 months. I lost 60 lbs. For the last 4 months I have really been struggling. Good Luck, you can definitely do it!!
  • PrettyBrownEyez29
    PrettyBrownEyez29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you set up your account with all the appropriate information, MFP will set your daily calorie goal at a deficit. If honestly log and enter all your foods and stay within that goal you will lose weight. Good luck!

If you haven't bought a food scale yet, run out and get one, it can be a cheapie $10 food scale, just make sure it weighs in grams and ounces and you can "tare" it when you place a dish or container on it.

Thank you!
  • PrettyBrownEyez29
    Options
    I set mine to lose 1lb per week, work out 3-4 times a week, and I eat back all my exercise calories (every single one of them) & drink loads of water. I've only been doing it for 12 days and I've already lost 4-ish lbs, presumably water & some fat. I think what I am doing is definitely agreeing with me, because I feel like I am eating enough to be satisfied, moving more, and seeing results. It's the perfect formula for me :)

Amazing! Are you using a heart rate monitor also?
  • PrettyBrownEyez29
    Options
    My goal was 2 lb loss per week. I made sure to eat the recommended calories (it was between 1250 - 1500) and I steadily lost weight when I stayed between that calorie range. It did not matter if I stayed at the higher end or the lower end of the range...I steadily lost weight every week for 8 months. I lost 60 lbs. For the last 4 months I have really been struggling. Good Luck, you can definitely do it!!

Hang in there! Kudos on your loss thus far
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    MFP gives a general recommendation based on an estimate - everyone's body is different. The estimate is pretty good, but your results may vary. Best thing to do is to get that food scale, get comfortable with portion size and control and have at it.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yes! And tbqh I set mine at "sedentary" first, and moved it now to "lightly active". I have a desk job, and besides some random bursts of walking I really am sedentary. I am single, without kids, so most nights is tv/comp time. Still losing what I want with the switch from 1320 to 1510. I felt really terrible at 1320 though.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think it *may* depend on how much you have to lose, to a degree. I also chose sedentary and one pound a week. I am a school bus driver who does not exercise regularly so I figured sedentary was accurate. However, I have been losing about 2 pounds a week. I am extremely careful with weighing all solids and measuring all liquids and I try very hard to choose the correct entry from the database, so I believe I am eating the proper amount of calories.

When I realized that I have been losing 2 pounds a week, average, for a couple months, I figured my activity settings must be incorrect. I do in fact do some other stuff beside drive bus so I may be expending more energy than MFP expects for a sedentary person.

Because I still have about 75 pounds to lose and because I have felt very good at this current calorie goal (about 1320) I made the choice to up my activity setting on MFP to the level that left me at this same calorie setting and changing one pound a week to two pounds per week, which put me at the same calorie setting. I *think* that this will mean that when I am somewhat lower weight I can change my settings to 1.5 pounds per week and the calorie amount will adjust up a bit; ditto at the next level when I want to lose just 1 pound a week. I hope by doing this I can keep from going too low on my daily calorie goals.

So yes, I definitely think you can lose a pound a week if you are very exact on your calorie count.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I put in a goal of 1 lb per week. I eat all of my calories and I eat most of/all calories I get from exercise (reported from my fitbit to MFP). I started a couple weeks ago and have been losing ~2.5 lbs per week.