I need a Water Alternative

Options
_Zardoz_
_Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
I need an Alternative to water. I can't stop drinking it. As we all know the fluoride in tap water is bad (it says so on the internet), as well as many other things that are picked up from public water. Also of course you can't drink bottled water because it's been processed so it isn't clean. So I need an alternative that has Zero calories but none of the nasties that's in water

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I think straight-up ethanol might be your only non-water option. But that isn't so good for you either and it isn't calorie free. Good luck in your search.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Vodka looks like water... and gin... and tequila. There's no baby-eating-aspartame or bone-liquefying-fluoride in any of those so they should be perfectly harmless. If you drink them before 6.00pm there's also zero calories. One more thing, don't mix them with anything, you don't want to break down the vital vitamin and mineral contents they contain now do you?
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie alternative to water you say? Allow me to introduce you to Diet Coke! Zero calories and apparently it cancels out all the fat and calories when combined with a burger/fries at your favorite fast food establishment.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Vodka looks like water... and gin... and tequila. There's no baby-eating-aspartame or bone-liquefying-fluoride in any of those so they should be perfectly harmless. If you drink them before 6.00pm there's also zero calories. One more thing, don't mix them with anything, you don't want to break down the vital vitamin and mineral contents they contain now do you?

6:00 in which time zone - isn't it always 6 o'clock somewhere???? :drinker:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

Or move to Germany, our tab water is amazing :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

This!^

If water is bad for you (just because it's on the internet is not proof) .........then any other zero calorie (whatever) is going to be worse.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Perri-Air-300x219.png

You're welcome.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Three words: Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!:drinker:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the de-hydrated kind? All you add is...........
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

Is this a joke? I just moved to Germany and no one here drinks tap water. I do and they look at me funny. It seem's ok to me but the locals don't agree. When ever I go out to eat I have to remember to say I want a flat water because if I just say "water" they bring it sparkling (carbonated)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Put a little lemon in your vodka - the negative calories of the fruit will cancel out the calories of the vodka.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Get a Brita or other water filter. Nothing beats water unless it is infused water.
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

Leitungswasser? Auwehzwick! I only drink carbonated bottled water. Water from the sink tastes horrible here.
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

Is this a joke? I just moved to Germany and no one here drinks tap water. I do and they look at me funny. It seem's ok to me but the locals don't agree. When ever I go out to eat I have to remember to say I want a flat water because if I just say "water" they bring it sparkling (carbonated)

Be careful. If you order "Stilleswasser" you should get bottled. If you order Leitungswasser, it is water from the sink. Normally. I have heard that some places with bring you sink water and charge you for bottled.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

Yeah, I got a lot of very funny looks from servers when I asked for Leitungswasser.
  • willbeskliz
    Options
    Go to Wales - water tastes really good there
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Get a good water filter.

/End thread

Yeah, I got a lot of very funny looks from servers when I asked for Leitungswasser.

I agree it might not be that common in restaurants, but at home? Everybody I know drinks tap water at home.