Vinegar and swelling

Options
Okay guys let me start by saying that I am NOT on some fad diet band wagon. I try to stay around 1700 calories a day and do my best to at least walk daily. I know that the only way to effectively lose weight is through healthy eating and exercise.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way my question is.....Has anyone out there had a personal experience with vinegar aiding with edema? I have done extensive research that suggests that although most "home remedies" that include vinegar are bunk, that its ability to aid in water retention is actually true.

Any thoughts??

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I have done extensive research that suggests that although most "home remedies" that include vinegar are bunk,
    That's your answer
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    But in most cases the sentance ends in....but in the case of swelling, diabetes, and digestion it has proven to be an effective tool. Just wondering if anyone had a personal experience with it.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I have done extensive research that suggests that although most "home remedies" that include vinegar are bunk,
    That's your answer

+1

Beat water retention by drinking lots of water and eating less sodium (assuming that's the cause of the water retention).

After that, you're not retaining water any more- you're retaining fat.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    May help. Probably won't hurt. I would give it a try. Lemon is also a good mild diuretic.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Use vinegar after baking soda to clean your drains.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Water is the best natural diuretic.
    If you find you are retaining huge amounts of water-see your doctor!
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I have and he never seems very concerned. It is just VERY uncomfortable. Not painfull but it makes any exercise difficult.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I have and he never seems very concerned. It is just VERY uncomfortable. Not painfull but it makes any exercise difficult.

Give it a try. So as long as you are ingesting a reasonable amount, even if it doesn't help with bloating it's unlikely to do you harm. Fermented foods are good for your gut.