One idea that worked for me....

Again, my new theory, is if I want to eat something I like that is not in my normal diet, work for it first and use that as a reward after. Yesterday I knew we were having an deep dish apple crumble pie, which I love, but about 310 calories a slice, which I don't like. but I eat t rarely now. So i pretty much averaged walking almost 7 miles a day the last few days and had the attitude, if I want the pie, be good and earn those calories by walking. Well , that is what I did and did not feel guilty about eating it at all, and it was so good by the way. my sister asked if I wanted to take some home, and proudly said no. I have done that a lot since starting my fitness pal. If I want a chocolate bar, fine, I start walking and do not eat it until I earned the calories from exercising. And I get the motivation to keep going, because I know once I burn those calories, I can have that chocolate or what ever as soon as I am done. And I make a point of not cheating either. If a Hershey bar is 250 calories, I will not eat it until my fitness pal shows I earned 250 calories from exercise. I pretty much stick to my diet, but when I want something special, that is the routine I take. Like I know in a few weeks we are taking my mom to an Italian restaurant she likes for mothers day, so the days prior, I will be extra good as I love their food and of course its chicken parmigiana, pasta with great garlic rolls and of course it comes with dessert, but again I love it and just try to be good prior knowing that meal will be the reward. Anyway, hope you all have a great week!!!

If you would like a new pal, feel free to add me. Pretty much on all the time....:smile::smile: :smile:

Replies