Allergic to wheat, dairy and eggs

Options
Is anyone allergic to wheat and dairy I also don't eat eggs. I can handle eggs cooked in baked ingredients in small quantities but I can't eat them the way people eat them for breakfast. I was wondering if anyone else have my problem and what do you eat I have google my problem but people want money for there recipes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm a Celiac so I understand wheat and gluten.

I would think it would best to focus on real foods: meats, fruits, veggies, legumes, beans, etc. What do you do for a calcium source? Eggs aren't a big part of my life, but there is an egg substitute that you can get if needed.

Welcome to MFP!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    couple things. I'm also allergic to life THANK GOD dairy is not on that list but I'm allergic to wheat barley rye and a whole slew of fruits and vegetables and nuts. Check out the Paleo Diet. It's not some crazy fad diet. It's just eating whole unprocessed foods. Think- the way we ate 100's of years ago before the "convenience" of processed food. Meat, veggies, fruit, no refined sugar, no dairy, etc... Here's an interesting article about it and he has links with recipes. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/#disqus_thread

Good Luck to ya!! :drinker:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will check that out. I need something for bkft other than rice. Thank you going to check out the site.
  • detrawa
    detrawa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Twisty,
    I eat veggies for breakfast often. My holistic doctor told me to cut out dairy, wheat, white flour, rice, and soy. I have not completely followed her instructions but I have made some adjustments. I feel much better with the changes I have made. There is a great book a friend passed on to me titled The Maker's Diet which addresses alternatives to not eating the things you mentioned. I don't know about you but the the difficult part for me is that the rice and wheat give me that satisfied feeling. So, I am trying to find fiber in my other food choices like apples. I found a great recipe book addressing the wheat, gluten and dairy free diet. Stay encouraged!:smile:
  • mommy0612
    mommy0612 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well I recently figured out I was gluten intolerant probably Celiac but since I had already changed my diet we will never know and I am diabetic type 2. So I have been eating gluten free bars for breakfast and occasionally will eat egg beater omlet. Sorry I see you don'tl like eggs. What about egg whites? You could eat egg whites with veggies. I'd look at some gluten free sires and then take out ingredents that have eggs and cheese. Good Luck I hope this helps.