Truth about PB2 this food like substance

Options

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    wow exciting people. I better show some T&A to get some responses here.

Are twinkies ok? I noticed a box of them your pics. But I'm sure they do not have nearly the harmful preservatives as PB2, am I right?? :tongue:

Bottom line: sooner or later, there is a study to show you that everything will eventually kill you. I'm not a fan of PB2 but will use it in smoothie since I already bought it. I prefer regular PB.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    I heard PB2 cures skin rashes, STD's, and one jar can feed the hungry children of Africa.

PB2 4 LYFE!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Salt makes peanut butter taste good. Anyone who eats PB without salt is not doing it right. While I would prefer it not to be there, sugar is in MANY brands of peanut butter. Are you saying you'd rather eat Jif than PB2? Absurd.

I am looking forward to your post about whey protein next.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Here's a novel idea... how about you worry about what you eat and I will worry about what I eat?

I prefer it to peanut butter to flavor smoothies and greek yogurt. So what? How does that hurt you?
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, Ireed. It's a great sustitute for regular peanut butter IMO. I love the choocate PB2! You can get the texture to be very close to high fat PB and if you put it in a recipe, it doesn't matter the consistency.
    I'm sticking with my PB2!!
    So? Who is under the impression that PB2 is a "whole real food" or that it has all the same nutritional benefits as real peanut butter?

All I know is that I can add the flavor of peanut butter to my morning oatmeal or my chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake without taking in 200 calories if I can't afford it. If I COULD fit it into my calorie limit, I would, but it's difficult when eating at a deficit. I'm not going to take away part of another meal to accommodate peanut butter when all I really want is the flavor.

I eat plenty of things that aren't "whole real food" and I haven't died yet. No diarrhea, either. If you like PB2 and want to use to it save some calories, go for it. If you don't, good for you, use the real stuff. Who cares?
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    PB2 is to peanuts
    what almond flour is to almonds
    (plus a tiny dash of salt)

How is that unhealthy?

Other companies sell the exact same thing called "peanut flour" and you don't see people jumping down their throats.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You didn't get any responses because the OP is full of unscientific BS and misinformation. And it's pointless.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    PB2 is a brilliant scam. It is the leftovers from making peanut oil, a huge commercial commodity. Before they put this crap in a jar, they sold it by the ton as animal feed.

so we are nothing more than live stock. lol

Your whey powder is the leftovers from the dairy industry. Not organic.

And the HFCS in your Pepsi is a leftover from the corn industry. It's not organic and might be GMO.

Your Chobani has 16 grams of added sugar - that's 16 times as much as PB2. Not organic.

I'm sure your diet has a bunch of heavily processed non-organic items every day. Problem is you've only logged one day of food, ever, as far as I can tell.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    PB2 is to peanuts
    what almond flour is to almonds
    (plus a tiny dash of salt)

How is that unhealthy?

Other companies sell the exact same thing called "peanut flour" and you don't see people jumping down their throats.
    This. And peanut flour is cheaper, so I don't get the craze. I stick with real peanut butter because it fits my calorie goals. *shrug*
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a brilliant scam. It is the leftovers from making peanut oil, a huge commercial commodity. Before they put this crap in a jar, they sold it by the ton as animal feed.

And the HFCS in your Pepsi is a leftover from the corn industry. It's not organic and might be GMO.

Your Chobani has 16 grams of added sugar - that's 16 times as much as PB2. Not organic.

I'm sure your diet has a bunch of heavily processed non-organic items every day. Problem is you've only logged one day of food, ever, as far as I can tell.

OP only eats "whole, clean food" clearly and therefore doesn't need to log. Dur.
  • jonnythan
    Options

OP only eats "whole, clean food" clearly and therefore doesn't need to log. Dur.

I guess they eat only whole clean food when they don't log, and eat a bunch of highly processed food when they do log.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

I guess they eat only whole clean food when they don't log, and eat a bunch of highly processed food when they do log.

Well, they wouldn't eat processed stuff and then post a thread like this about how evil processed food is... That would make them a hypocrite! Right?

I don't even like peanut butter or PB2, I'm in just for the lolz of someone telling me not to eat something because it's so "bad" for me. Especially someone that seems to be in no way, shape, or form a hypocrite.

Can you taste the sarcasm? It's peanut butter flavoured. Peanut butter and SHAME.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Can you taste the sarcasm? It's peanut butter flavoured. Peanut butter and SHAME.

Sounds delicious.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I like pb2.
    I also like high fat food: Avocados, full fat this and thats, nuts, seeds, etc. PB2 is great for those who find that they eat to much fat and not enough protein. And it's delicious in...many things. I don't understand people who add water to it and spread it on toast...but it tastes pretty dandy and it's great in smoothies and topped on other stuff or in some baking.
  • runway12
    runway12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    PB2 saves my life because if I ate that much real peanut butter I might gain 100 pounds : ) The struggle is real.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I had never even heard of the stuff until this post... but then again I avoid pretty much all supplements (including whey protein), I try to get my vitamins, nutrients, and protein from real food... except back alley steroids, directly injected into my ball sack for maximum effectiveness... I completely under stand the point of eating clean, organic, and whole real foods though... I try to as much as possible, unfortunately it gets expensive. I probably would never use the PB2 stuff either, if I wanted peanut flavor in a shake I would just through some peanuts in the blender with it haha...
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Are twinkies ok? I noticed a box of them your pics. But I'm sure they do not have nearly the harmful preservatives as PB2, am I right?? :tongue:

Bottom line: sooner or later, there is a study to show you that everything will eventually kill you. I'm not a fan of PB2 but will use it in smoothie since I already bought it. I prefer regular PB.

Twinkies is the sweetest comeback EVER!! This is why I have twinkies. I want the sweetest comeback EVER! not literally to eat, havent had one in years
  • TwinkieDong
    Options
    I heard PB2 cures skin rashes, STD's, and one jar can feed the hungry children of Africa.

PB2 4 LYFE!

get it right. You buy a jar and they give two starving kids two jars absolutely free.
  • TwinkieDong
    Options
    Here's a novel idea... how about you worry about what you eat and I will worry about what I eat?

I prefer it to peanut butter to flavor smoothies and greek yogurt. So what? How does that hurt you?

I am madly in love with you. So what you eat DOES affect me. lol