It's about the nutrition

Options
megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
I take care of many obese patients and many thin patients. One thing many of my patients have in common, I work on a heart floor, is terrible nutrition. They couldn't tell you when the last time they had a piece of fresh fruit or a vegetable. Many eat only fast foods. And that is gonna get you. Losing weight is great and by just counting the calories you will lose for awhile, but unless you eat healthy what's the point. You will not have healthy body. I see many diary's that are in their calorie range but no fruits and not vegetables. No healthy fuel for your body. That old saying you are what you eat! So true, and I have the proof of that every day I go to work.

So work on the weight loss but work on the nutrition also. You will be far better off in the long run with the good nutrition. You body will thank you, your skin will thank you, and your going to feel better, honest.

Replies

• ericag128
    ericag128 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I second that! What's the point of being skinny if you still don't feel good. I'd rather be slightly overweight and feel good than thin and have no energy.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great post, eating healthier is hard... I like fruits but have had to make myself eat more veggies. I don' know why I don't like them, it's funny since they are so good for us... Wonder what it is about carbs that make us love them so much...
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    great post!