New Laughing Cow flavors! Yay!

Options
sandara
sandara Posts: 830 Member
New to me anyway. I just found Light Blue cheese, Light Queso Fresco Chipotle & Light Tomato & Basil. I've never seen these flavors before. All I've ever seen around here are the Swiss, Garlic & Herb and French Onion in the Light. Still wish they would make a cheddar flavor.

Replies

• annasid78
    Options
    I have seen the blue cheese. I havn't tried it yet.. but I bet it is to die for!
  • missmeliss
    missmeliss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, YAY is right! The blue cheese is so smooth and has that lovely tang- so yummy! I love to smear it on triscuits :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    got these recipes from Hungry Girl.com

Hot 'N Cold Buff Chick Scoopable Salad

PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, about 1 cup): 138 calories, 2.5g fat, 783mg sodium, 4.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 22.5g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

As soon as we heard that the Blue Cheese wedges were on the way, we starting dreaming of this recipe... YUM!!!!!

Ingredients:
    2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese
    5 oz. cooked skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
    1 1/2 tbsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
    1/3 cup chopped celery
    1/3 cup chopped carrots

Directions:
    Place cheese wedges in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add chicken and hot sauce; stir well. Mix in celery and carrots. Refrigerate until chilled or enjoy immediately!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Spicy EZ Mac 'n Cheesy

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 1 heaping cup): 216 calories, 5.75g fat, 798mg sodium, 33.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 8.5g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Wowowow, this stuff is good! We took an already awesome HG recipe and gave it a Mexican-inspired makeover. Cilantro haters, fret not. Just leave it out...

Ingredients:
    4 1/2 oz. (about 2 cups) dry uncooked whole-wheat-blend rotini pasta (like the kind by Ronzoni)
    24 oz. (about 6 cups) frozen Green Giant Cauliflower & Cheese (or Three Cheese) Sauce
    3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese
    2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
    1/2 tsp. chili powder
    1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
    Salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
    In a large pot, prepare pasta al dente (firm) according to the instructions on the package; drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the cauliflower & sauce package(s) in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 10 - 12 minutes, until sauce has melted and cauliflower is hot.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Unwrap cheese wedges and add those as well.

Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the Laughing Cow cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and cauliflower are coated in cheese sauce. Add cilantro, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, and mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

HG Heads-Up! To track down your sauced-up frozen veggies, click here for a product locator. And if you can only find the Just for One Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce, as opposed to the multi-serving bags and boxes, use six of those trays in this recipe.
  • carlyrenee1
    Options
    I just saw those the other day! They all look yummy! I love the original flavors. :tongue:
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I've got all 3 in my fridge right now. I really love dipping sliced apple into the blue cheese. Yum!
  • 3110cynthia
    Options
    GOT TO LOOK INTO IT - thnx guys
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit jealous. I'm not usually a great fan of artificially lower fat foods but sometimes I come on this board and read about you guys in the US with low fat, low carb tortillas, flavoured low fat cream cheese and I think how nice they would be for a change.

In the UK we have far fewer of these types of foods - and what there is tends to be in just a few flavours, restricted to just a few choices per store and expensive. Oh, and majoring on chocolate or sweet flavours which don't do it for me.

Perhaps we'll get some of these things soon - I will remain optimistic (and slightly jealous).
  • josparkle
    Options
    Wow. I'm really surprised. I just went to my local Asda (Wal-mart) and guess what? For the first time ever there are Laughing Cow cheeses in Onion or Blue Cheese flavours - I have bought both and am looking forward to a treat later on. I wouldn't have been looking for them at all were it not for you guys, so thanks very much!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm really surprised. I just went to my local Asda (Wal-mart) and guess what? For the first time ever there are Laughing Cow cheeses in Onion or Blue Cheese flavours - I have bought both and am looking forward to a treat later on. I wouldn't have been looking for them at all were it not for you guys, so thanks very much!

YaY! I'm so glad you can enjoy them too. I love using them on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise & cheese. Lot's more flavor and lots less calories. They melt really well too, if you want to try some on veggies.
  • josparkle
    Options
    That sounds good. I'm fancying the blue cheese one(s) melted on grilled chicken accompanies by stirfried red onions, chilis, musrooms, mixed peppers and spinach and a big spoon of salsa. Sort of fajitas without the tortillas.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    The blue cheese and the mozzarella tomato and basil flavors are awesome!! Love Laughing cow light cheese!! :heart:
  • michele0101
    Options
    I have got to find these!! We have 2 Walmarts in my town - one on the Arkansas side of town and one on the Texas side. They have different foods. I have not seen some of the new flavors you have listed but I will be on the look out. I love cheese!!
  • josparkle
    Options
    In the UK they are £1 for 8 sections - I guess it's about the same price.