Anyone eating 1200 cal daily?

Options
I wanted to find friends who are also on the 1200 cal routine, for more inspiration of foods I could possibly eat during the day and for inspiration :)
Ive been doing it for about 4 weeks and have lost 7 lbs
I am now 116lbs and am aiming for 105 -100 lbs since im pretty short (4'11)

Plz add me~

Replies

• dwbotti
    dwbotti Posts: 29
    Options
    Believe it or not, I'm eating about 1200 calories a day. It definitely takes some creative eating. Look forward to speaking to you.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do once your metabolism get used to those 1200cals a day?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I'm eating about 1200 calories a day. It definitely takes some creative eating. Look forward to speaking to you.

:indifferent:
  • DeathNoteKira
    DeathNoteKira Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I heard that after you eat more than what your body is used to you gain weight right? Well im thinking once i hit 100 lbs ill increase it to proabably 1400
    And I dont mind if I gain another 10 pounds after and I'll proabably not eat anymore than 1400 on a daily basis,^-^
    I do work out too
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I heard that after you eat more than what your body is used to you gain weight right? Well im thinking once i hit 100 lbs ill increase it to proabably 1400
    And I dont mind if I gain another 10 pounds after and I'll proabably not eat anymore than 1400 on a daily basis,^-^
    I do work out too

You may gain water weight, which is linked to your body storing more glycogen. This is generally what people mean when they say 'I went from eating 1200 to 1500 calories and now I'm gaining weight!!!!'. You won't gain fat on that increase.
  • captainamerica52
    Options
    im eating between 1050-1200 cals a day feel free to add me :wink:
  • mrsjoanne
    mrsjoanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat 1200, but I always seem to go a little over. i am trying to lose 15-20 lbs. Maybe we can help each other?
  • Simply_Liz
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on day 3 of my adventure on getting healthier and losing weight , and my goal is 1300 calories a day. Does anyone have any great ideas or advice on foods to eat, any interesting recipes? I'm a hug fan of salads, and veggies so if anyone has any advice/tips I would appreciate it! Thanks!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1200 a day. A few times I go over (like today) but most of the time I stay there or Im under. feel free to add me.
  • Melaniemelanie1981
    Melaniemelanie1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on that too! I just started today. That is awesome that you have already lost!! Hopefully I can do as well!
  • walts9
    walts9 Posts: 12
    Options
    i'm on a 1200 - 1400 calorie diet and i'm seeing a nutritionist She is helping me make sure that i'm eating all the right things. Due to health issues and very limited mobility my body does not require as many calories and I've been struggling to lose weight at these calorie levels, i have found by experiment that if i stay closer to the 1200 then the 1400 i can lose weight but it's been a struggle and takes me a long time to lose weight. I've been counting calories since the middle of January and as of today i have lost 23 lbs. Most people my size can lose 5 lbs or more in a week but that is not how my body works.

I find it hard to get in 1200 calories some days but that is because i used to drink most my calories and i'm weening myself from drinking soda but once in awhile i treat myself to a diet pepsi now instead of a regular pepsi. I'm also drinking my tea with sweetener instead of sugar.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Shorties unite!!!!!
    and anyone that thinks its too low doesn't run our numbers. (unless the comment was directed at the gentleman)

I took a break from consistent logging but I"m back.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty. 5'2. I eat between 1700-2000 calories. :happy:

ETA: i am 44 yrs old.
  • reyestr
    reyestr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI there, we have the same goals I have been trying to eat only 1200 calories a day as well as working out although I do go over sometimes, I weigh 110 now and want to lose just five more, I am only 5'1 but a year ago I weighed 134 pounds.
  • mfarrington312
    Options
    I am in a similar spot too! I've been trying to find different things that work to eat to stay at 1,200
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    1200 x 2 plus a few hundred lol
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options

ya im 5'3" and eat 1800 lol
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Good for you! Keep that muscle mass......common sense.

OP - here's a really good starter thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Eating 1200 x 2
  • lilaak007
    lilaak007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me, I eat 1200 calories a day