Introduction....

ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Well they said I should introduce myself...which I am not sure what that all entails, but I'll give it ago.

I have a problem with food. My problem is that I love it! Not only do I have an issue with loving food but I have a portion control problem as well.

I have never been able to be consistent about eating healthy and rarely ever took the time to track what exactly was going in to my body. However, as I am getting older I have realized that I need to get this "issue" under control, not just for me but those around me! I used to not ever worry about what I looked like. A divorce later I became obsessed with my body and went to some crazy extremes to try to make it look a certain way. Now as I am approaching a new marriage and a fesh start I want to get over my past demons, the last few years (after the freak out phase...about 2 years ago) I have kinda let myself go. Although my fiance loves me how I am...I know I can be better, look better, be more content with myself.

That is the big thing. I have started to beat myself up for every failing when it comes to diet, exercise and how my clothes fit. I want to be happy if not at least content with my body. There is so much room to improve if I can just figure out how to get my eating habits and activity levels to balance out and stay balanced. I have a tendency to swing really high (great days...eating exactly what I should, working out, etc) to really low days (eating junk, not working out, negative self-talk, etc).

So, that's me.... I want to find others with similar goals and interests. My future husband will be leaving overseas for a year and I would like to make a HUGE impression on him when he comes back.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    Well they said I should introduce myself...which I am not sure what that all entails, but I'll give it ago.

I have a problem with food. My problem is that I love it! Not only do I have an issue with loving food but I have a portion control problem as well.

I have never been able to be consistent about eating healthy and rarely ever took the time to track what exactly was going in to my body. However, as I am getting older I have realized that I need to get this "issue" under control, not just for me but those around me! I used to not ever worry about what I looked like. A divorce later I became obsessed with my body and went to some crazy extremes to try to make it look a certain way. Now as I am approaching a new marriage and a fesh start I want to get over my past demons, the last few years (after the freak out phase...about 2 years ago) I have kinda let myself go. Although my fiance loves me how I am...I know I can be better, look better, be more content with myself.

That is the big thing. I have started to beat myself up for every failing when it comes to diet, exercise and how my clothes fit. I want to be happy if not at least content with my body. There is so much room to improve if I can just figure out how to get my eating habits and activity levels to balance out and stay balanced. I have a tendency to swing really high (great days...eating exactly what I should, working out, etc) to really low days (eating junk, not working out, negative self-talk, etc).

So, that's me.... I want to find others with similar goals and interests. My future husband will be leaving overseas for a year and I would like to make a HUGE impression on him when he comes back.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You can do this. We are all here for you. Remember if you fail, get up and start again. Don't beat yourself up. It take time and it will come with it's ups and downs.
    Stay focused, make healthy choices, eat all your calories and exercise.
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Just remember you didn't Gain the weight over night so you won't lose it over night! one pound lost is one step closer to being healthy and to your goal. Good luck!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    See that's the crazy thing...I practically did gain it over night...I gain weight in rapid bursts then it holds for years. I've done tons of tests I'm normal. I've weighed roughly the same weight for the last 10 years. Crazy I know...however...my tone is the obvious part. Even at my most extreme dieting and exercising I only lost 5 lbs but I shrunk like 5 dress sizes.
This discussion has been closed.