Ladies!

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
What's your idea of a girl's night out?

I'll admit, I don't have many girlfriends, I've always been the one who had mostly guy friends. So I'm a little lost on how to plan a girl's night out with some people I've gotten to know. Uh, do we get facials or something? Go out? Totally out of my natural element, of just playing video games and drinking beer and playing pool.

Suggestions are appreciated!

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    For ME it's just getting together to go to the beach and either go out or cook dinner. There's usually wine.

But I think it totally depends on the women in question. What do you normally do when you hang out with them?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    What's the occasion? What are they into? Where do they normal go out? - Hard to offer suggestions on the wide brief of "what do women like to do"
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    When I go out with my girlfriends we usually go for dinner and then have some drinks in a bar and go dancing. Dunno if I'm representative though.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me....I'm just here to collect everybody that says, "A hard, 2-hour gym session, followed by beer and steak/ribs/wings, etc.".
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    We go out for drinks and sometimes dancing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Don't mind me....I'm just here to collect everybody that says, "A hard, 2-hour gym session, followed by beer and steak/ribs/wings, etc.".

If only I had friends who were into ANY of those things. *sigh*
  • RhineDHP
    Options
    Hmm, well I guess I just want to get some suggestions of what you guys would normally do with your girls, and just go from there?

As far as I know, one of them usually does nothing on the weekends but is totally open to drinking, and the other two don't really do too much either. One of them is underage, so I guess going to a bar wouldn't be good. Maybe a restaurant that serves drinks?

I've never hung out with them informally before, I just know them from work, and we were talking about possibly hanging out sometime.

I'm such a not-girl, lol.
  • RhineDHP
    Options

Mm.....ribs....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Me and my girls usually start the night with some frozen drinks and a little WoW. Then we move on to shots and CoD, while trash talking twelve year old boys and letting them know their mothers like the V, and then finally more shots and roaming through WoW as a 5 woman gank squad.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hmm, well I guess I just want to get some suggestions of what you guys would normally do with your girls, and just go from there?

As far as I know, one of them usually does nothing on the weekends but is totally open to drinking, and the other two don't really do too much either. One of them is underage, so I guess going to a bar wouldn't be good. Maybe a restaurant that serves drinks?

I've never hung out with them informally before, I just know them from work, and we were talking about possibly hanging out sometime.

Dinner is generally a safe place to start.

But if you can come up with an activity that everyone would enjoy that would take away some of the "first time hanging out" awkwardness. Like maybe go for a hike or take a cooking class?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Are you really serious? Girls or women don't do special girl things. You just do whatever you enjoy. I know my friends from dancing, so we enjoy dancing. You could go to the beach or some outdoor thing. You could go hiking.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Depends.

1. happy hour
    2. clubs
    3. trivia night
    4. seeing a play
    5. community events like scavenge hunts - can be LOADS of fun!
    6. skies the limit!!!
  • RhineDHP
    Options

Are you really serious? Girls or women don't do special girl things. You just do whatever you enjoy. I know my friends from dancing, so we enjoy dancing. You could go to the beach or some outdoor thing. You could go hiking.

Dude if any of them enjoyed pool or video games I'd be all over that shiz.

But from yours and other posts an outdoor activity might be the way to go. At least for like, an icebreaker. I like this hiking idea. Exercise is something I think we can all enjoy. Heck yusssss :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Go bowling - The hideous trauma of the shoes is an ice breaker. The bar would cover it for the drinks aspect, but would also mean the teen could participate. You could also get food there.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    xanax & live music at a bar that smells like urine

then food
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

But from yours and other posts an outdoor activity might be the way to go. At least for like, an icebreaker. I like this hiking idea. Exercise is something I think we can all enjoy. Heck yusssss :)

I liked my ideas. hmph.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    For me and my girl friends it ranges from drinks at a bar with live music or just dinner and dancing with drinks. A couple of times we have made a day of it. Shopping, massages, dinner, bar and drinks also rent a hotel room so no drunk driving when we make a day of it.. If you don't notice the pattern it always involves drinks and a bar lol :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I liked my ideas. hmph.

Lol.

Yeah, hiking or something outdoors is a good ice breaker.

I'm not much of a drinker, but girlfriends invite me out for drinks and sometimes dinner. I'll drink for that!
  • RhineDHP
    Options

I liked my ideas. hmph.

What, you didn't notice that thing outside?

9316b14bbf4c4be5ea5bfced1bc15d51ce0e2057.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

stalker-meme-generator-i-m-not-stalking-you-i-promise-c195df.jpg?1328904292.jpg
  • MzChristyLove
    MzChristyLove Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually have dinner parties out or in house with lots of wine while discussing various topics