Does anyone love eating at Chipotle like me?

Options

Replies

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    If there was one closer than two hours away, I'd be there. Eating the fajita burritos every other day...
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Chipotle in months, but I decided the next time I get sick, I'm going for a full burrito. (That's my go-to food to fight a cold!)
    just curious how it fights colds?
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    I love it! I usually get a bowl on Friday for lunch. Tho, unlike some here I eat the whole damned bowl in one sitting. Hell I'm hungry and tho its a lot of cals I just feel like its worth it.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle as well. Could eat it every day. Worse off is I get 50% off when I show my work I.D. I get the chicken bowls with black beans and it usually falls under my carb limit. If I want to spulrge I'll get rice instead of beans.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I prefer Moe's, but there is a Chipotle down the street. The barbacoa burrito is pretty good with extra meat and cilantro. When I eat there, I eat there and not much else the rest of the day.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Chipotle in months, but I decided the next time I get sick, I'm going for a full burrito. (That's my go-to food to fight a cold!)
    just curious how it fights colds?

Oh, I don't think there is anything scientific about it, I just like really spicy food and feel that it helps clear out my sinuses when I have a cold.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Last time my husband and I ate at Chipotle we got food poisoning, so that high calorie treat got scratched off the go-to's forever a few years ago. Days later he picked a black bean out of his nose that got lodged there during all of the violent vomiting sessions. GROSS. Anyway, do I miss it? Not at all. I tried it again one time a few years later and was completely underwhelmed.
    Try not eating it for a while and then go get it and you'll see how 'meh' it is. You can make a better brown bag version yourself and better control the portion.
  • Mbierschbach
    Mbierschbach Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No. I think they are horrible. One opened here. Maybe lasted a few months and was shut down. Gross. Maybe it was just the one here. But, I've had them elsewhere and it's the same. I don't get the appeal.

Explain please? Every Chipotle I've been to is incredibly clean and they've very open about the quality and content of their ingredients. They source as locally as possible and publicly avoid genetically altered and hormone injected food. Tell me where the gross is? Are you sure you're thinking of Chipotle? I can't imagine one being shut down.
  • CarineCNM
    CarineCNM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I frequent Chipotle quite often and I have to agree with other posts about the salad dressing. I had it once and thought it is was REALLY sweet (which I think explains its calorie count) and not necessary. As the others have said, the different types of salsas are even better. I suggest you try it with the salsas next time.
  • a_lindquist
    Options
    I LOVE Chipotle!! I go there like once a week! lol
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pancheros girl myself... but I only go there on days that I've done long runs and have an extra 600+ calories for the day so that I can splurge on a burrito w/ queso. But Chipotle will do in a pinch ;)

Also: Is the 270 calories/cup for a CUP cup or a plastic cup they put it in? I imagine the dressing calories would be for a full cup measurement, because 540 calories for some dressing seems really high.
  • missbeautyb
    missbeautyb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Chipotle's chicken bowl. I honestly eat there at least 2 or 3 times a week. I can eat half for lunch and the rest for dinner. But I couldn't help but notice that their salad dressing has 270 calories a cup!!! YIKES..didn't know it could carry so many calories. I normally get 2 cups which would be 540 calories!!! Just for 4 oz dressing. Does this sound accurate?

I'm confused. 4 oz is half a cup. Do you use 2 cups?
    I think they mean that they eat two of the cups of dressing. Its amazing to think of all the calories we eat, when we are not thinking about it.

I don't measure but the salad dressing comes in a small plastic cup with a container. It looks like its about 2 oz of sauce in a cup sometimes more. I always get two cups of salad dressing but now that I am aware of the calories I will cut it down.
  • missbeautyb
    Options
    1) ask for dressing on the side
    2)bring your salad home
    3) weigh your dressing before eating it
    4) look your dressing up by weight.

this "cup" thing is confusing whether youare talkign about a weighed measuring cup or a little tiny cup container they give you there like the salsas come in. weighing it will clear up this confusion.

I do agree about weighing it from now on. They put the dressing in a little plastic cup container like the salsa.
  • missbeautyb
    Options
    Weigh the dressing - I've noticed that my Chiptole does NOT give 2 oz portions of dressing. Most of the time I'm lucky if it's 1 oz of dressing. If yours really does give 2 oz portions, just try cutting down slowly. I've also found that adding the medium green salsa helps act as a "dressing", too.

Yes, I am going to cut down on the dressing. I haven't tried the green salsa but I will the next time I go which should be sometime this week lol
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like them quite a bit as an after workout food. I never get the salad (or the dressing, didn't know they had a salad dressing lol). But I do get a burrito bowl with no beans (I can't eat them, they make me sick), brown rice, meat, tomato and corn salsa, and cheese, sometimes sour cream. That runs me about 640 calories, but I budget my calories accordingly. :)
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yep... the chipotle dressing has 280 calories per 2oz "cup" (ramekin). So if you asked for an extra dressing, it'd be 560 cals of just dressing. According to their website anyway.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree the dressing isn't worth it and the steak can be hit or miss. I normally get a Chicken Burrito Bowl - Double Chicken, Brown Rice, Pinto Beans, Medium Salsa, Corn Salsa, Cheese. That packs a whopping 86g of Protein and 850 cals. It's almost a full day's sodium though. I can make it work on a calorie deficit, but I normally only eat it regularly when I'm bulking.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Weigh the dressing - I've noticed that my Chiptole does NOT give 2 oz portions of dressing. Most of the time I'm lucky if it's 1 oz of dressing. If yours really does give 2 oz portions, just try cutting down slowly. I've also found that adding the medium green salsa helps act as a "dressing", too.

Yes, I am going to cut down on the dressing. I haven't tried the green salsa but I will the next time I go which should be sometime this week lol

The green salsa can be pretty hot at times, just to warn you! I like it, but I usually only get a little of it and extra corn salsa. Also, how full are the dressing cups at your Chipotle? The cups are 4 oz each, so unless each cup is a little more than half full looking (since they are tapered), you probably aren't getting 2 oz of dressing. I've never been to a Chipotle and gotten a dressing that was more than 1/4 full (granted, I only have a sample size of like 4 and they are probably all owned by the same people), but I used to be annoyed that the dressing could have so many calories. Once, I got mine to go and weighed the dressing, and like I said it was about 1 oz, not 2, so half the calories the website claims. I felt much better about it after that. The dressing is definitely worth it to me.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I tried them yesterday for the very first time and it was good. I had the Sofritas bowl. My sister ordered the guacamole on the side and I had just about half of that.

You have to be careful with the extra's like the salad dressing, sour cream, and guacamole.

That's where all the calories are.