How to Get Back on Track

Options
After a fairly large professional failure and a week away from my husband, I am having trouble getting back on track. I spent a week not tracking calories and eating nasty takeout or vending machine food for every meal. Last night, I drank 8 beers and ate an entire box of pasta by myself. I have gained about 5 pounds, much of which I hope is water weight.

How the heck do I remotivate myself to get my habits back where they belong? Anyone else have trouble with binge drinking and eating? How do I convince myself that 2 beers and a light snack is enough when the crazy more-more-more monster rears her ugly head?!

Replies

• 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Nike has some great advice for this - Just do it! Sorry, that's all I've got. Maybe someone else can help, though. Good luck!
  • shadowgem13
    shadowgem13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue regularly, just take it one day at a time. Today I am going to eat healthy, or "this meal is going to healthy" or "shut up body, no you can't have that".
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Put the past behind you. You can't change what you ate or drank yesterday, stop blaming yourself and make a conscious decision to do better. Begin by going back to logging consistently. If it goes into your mouth, weigh and log it. I find just that accountability alone helps to stop me from binging. Get up in the morning and tell yourself that you only need to be 'good' today. Just stay within your calorie goal today. Repeat the following day.

No one can motivate you. You have to make the conscious decision that losing weight is important to you. It has to be important enough to be a priority.
  • ShanShan722
    Options
    Thanks guys, I feel better today. :-)