completely crazy HRM data

Options
I had a Polar but sent it back for repair because it worked crazily. The changed the battery, sent it back and it worked three times before doing the same as before--shooting up high, then being clearly under. So I got a Timex, which worked a lot of days, but then just won't read at all. Today I was on the elliptical cruising along at about 129 bpm, then the Timex showed my HR dropping, ultimately to 30--when my RHR is about 72. AND the Precor stopped reading my HR at all. Does the Precor read it from the HRM? Because they didn't drop at the same time of rate. And when I finally grabbed the silver stationary handles, it said 129 again, despite the Timex's 30. What is going on here? Is there a reliable one that will work for even a year?

Replies

• eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been very happy with my Garmin!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Is it one with a chest strap? Sometimes the "connection" between it and your skin isn't that good and you can get wacko readings. For my Polar F6, if it doesn't read well I just dampen my finger slightly and then wipe the sensor with it.

I have had my F6 for.....gosh.....probably 8-10 years, maybe. I have to send it in for a battery change right now but I really like it. If I was to upgrade to a new one I would pick the FT7. It has a pointer that points out if you are training in fat burning or fitness improvement.