Fire Roasted Tomato and Veggie Sauce

darcibean
darcibean Posts: 86
edited September 22 in Recipes
I made this tonight to put over some Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta and it was REALLY good.

Ingredients:
15 oz can of Fire Roasted Diced tomatoes
2 zucchini halved and cubed
1 small onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
garlic
Italian Seasonings
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Directions:
Put a tiny bit of Olive oil in a pan on medium heat, saute the zucchini, onion, and green pepper with garlic and Italian Seasoning until tender.
I put the amount of garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian Seasonings to what I think tastes good, I didn't measure it.
Pour in the tomatoes, and turn the heat down to low.
I let everything cook at this point for about 45 minutes to let all the flavors hang out and get to know one another :)

I tossed it with Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta, and sprinkled the top of mine with some Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
It was DELICIOUS!!

The entire pan of sauce was only 260 calories, 56 carbs, and 1 fat.

Replies

• omg bump!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    I wonder.....could you whirrrrr it up in the food processor and turn it into salsa? Because that sounds like a delicious combination and as salsa I could add it to so many things. What do you think?
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    bump :smile:
  • I wonder.....could you whirrrrr it up in the food processor and turn it into salsa? Because that sounds like a delicious combination and as salsa I could add it to so many things. What do you think?

I am sure you could, it was really good!!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Oooooooh I am so going to try it! It sounds really good! THANKS for sharing this recipe! :)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    I am a strange bird....I like salsa on my scrambled eggs and that sauce sounds perfect for it. *drooling*
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

This is so what I needed. It has been so hard for me to keep food exciting. I don't mind cooking and I'm not that bad at it but a lot of recipes call for stuff that I've never heard of much less know whether I would like eating it.

This seems perfect. It uses everyday ingredients and sounds absolutely delicious. Very doable.

Thank you.

Eva
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    MMMM.... sounds goood... I will have to try this.
This discussion has been closed.