HELP! I have to go out to eat @ Outback Steakhouse!

joleanrook
joleanrook Posts: 117
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Tomorrow (Sunday) I am being taken to Outback steakhouse by a family at our church, their treat as a "thank you" so I can't really decline. I need suggestions about what I could order there.
I try to do low cal high fiber high protein kosher food only..... any suggestions??????????

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Their website has a great menu builder option with all the nutritional info. Check it out before hand so you know exactly what to order to stay within your goals. Have FUN!!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    If you eat beef do the small Filet Mignon, plain baked potatoe and the green beans. Very healthy and low calories. Also I think Outback website have caloric information on their entrees.

Have fun!

100892.png
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Yes, they have a nutrition calculator. :)

I just looked up a 6 oz sirloin with green beans & seasonal veggies (all prepared without butter) and it is really reasonable! If you want to splurge more than that, play around with the nutritional calculator!

Calories 324.5 cal
    Carbohydrates 20.0 g
    Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
    Total Fat 8.5 g
    Saturated Fat 3.0 g
    Trans Fat 0.0 g
    Protein 39.5 g
    Cholesterol 79.2 mg
    Sodium 886.0 mg
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    I don't really know anything about Kosher foods, but if you can eat fish (which I assume you can from my brief glimpse at the rules of staying Kosher) I would probably get the Atlantic Salmon & Fresh Seasonal Veggies.

- heh, actually turns out some of the steaks are less.
  • eharvey
    eharvey Posts: 32
    Dont know the kosher rules my friend but my favorite is the small victorias cut (teriyaki on the side), green beans (dry), sweet potato (dry). A nice gesture from your Church friends so enjoy and catch up Monday morning. an extra walk, bike ride, gym trip etc....
  • Thank yall all so much, great suggestions! I checked out the website and now I will be prepared!!!

I will have the 6oz steak well done (Kosher ;)
    and two sides of the steamed veggies with no butter or seasoning.
    That will only be:
    324 calories
    41 whopping grams of protein
    and a good 7.5 grams of fiber.

If I only eat 476 calories the rest of the day I will stay under my 800 goal! Thanks yall, I feel so much better!!!!

(Kosher mainly means no pork, shellfish, bottom feeder fish, meat well done, and various other little things.)
  • If I only eat 476 calories the rest of the day I will stay under my 800 goal! Thanks yall, I feel so much better!!!!

Unless you are only 3 feet tall, 800 cals is way to few. You need a minimum of 1200 and more if you exercise. I had to learn this the hard way. Up those calories girl or your body will start eating muscle to survive.
  • @ Action Jackson.

It's actually fine to consume only 800 calories and workout. I am a medical professional, former weight-loss counselor, and I am under my Dr's supervision. (Thank you though for the concern.) I am by no means starving, I eat a lot, it's just low calorie things and lots of fruits/veggies so eat plenty and am never hungry. Check out my food diary and you'll see I eat plenty. I'm even hypoglycemic and my blood sugar levels have drastically improved since I began this diet. Since I am eating a lot of high protein food pretty consistently my body will not be going into starvation mode anytime soon. Plus I am working out every night and my husband can already tell my muscle tone has improved.

At Outback I had a delicious 6oz steak (no butter or seasoning) and a big serving of steamed veggies (no butter or seasoning)
    and it was extremely filling. YUM.

:)

Ps. I am 5 ft 7.
  • eharvey
    eharvey Posts: 32
    Glad it all worked out for you.
  • 2219352.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.