Big Exercise Day

Options
After eating out last night at Outback and entering my dinner into my diary (OMG you wouldnt believe the number of calories), I'm glad to be going to the gym today to get some of those calories back. This morning is weight lifting (Chest, Triceps, and Abs) and this afternoon will be a 15 mile bike ride. Hoping to get 1200 calories back from the 1500 I ate last night.

This website is really going to open my eyes!

Replies

• jeanineadele
    Options
    Yes, this website does open your eyes. I have really started losing since I made the eating calories in/exercise calories out banking system. I call it Bank of Calorcise. :drinker:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Isn't that crazy? You were probaly watching what you ate too! Can go to a restaurant today and eat 3000 cals easily ,it so frustrating.
    Went to Red Robin's Friday and the only thing under 500 calories was grilled chicken sandwich.[thats what I ate].Fries were 600 cals, salads were 750 or higher, drinks 600 and up, & forget dessert over 1200 cals. Figured if I got what I wanted,would have been over 5000 calories! Only ate 480 cals!!! Willpower!!:smile: Did you know starting 2011 all restaurants have to have posted cals on there menus? Customers may have a chance now,no wonder were a fat nation....
  • rosef17
    rosef17 Posts: 89
    Options
    Isn't that crazy? You were probaly watching what you ate too! Can go to a restaurant today and eat 3000 cals easily ,it so frustrating.
    Went to Red Robin's Friday and the only thing under 500 calories was grilled chicken sandwich.[thats what I ate].Fries were 600 cals, salads were 750 or higher, drinks 600 and up, & forget dessert over 1200 cals. Figured if I got what I wanted,would have been over 5000 calories! Only ate 480 cals!!! Willpower!!:smile: Did you know starting 2011 all restaurants have to have posted cals on there menus? Customers may have a chance now,no wonder were a fat nation....

Thanks, I was wondering when the restaurants were required to post nutrition
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Glad to hear that! I know I would have eaten differently had I known that. I only eat out with the fam about twice a month, so I don't feel too bad. However, just adding up the bloomin onion, salad, potatoe and steak, really surprised me.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ever since being on this site, I haven't gone out to eat too much...but when I do, I try to look up the calorie info on what I think I'll get beforehand. I'd just assume stay at home after seeing how many calories a lot of the stuff out there is!!! It's crazy!

It also puts drinking into perspective. I'd rather have water (or the occasional drink) than deal w/ the excess weight the next day.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1745 total calories burned today. 16.5 mile bike ride was awesome. :smile: