Feeling down today

Options
I had so many good goals and now I'm feelign a bit depressed I won't reach them.

I want to be down 5 pounds by the time I get to halloween...and that just feels really unlikely now. I know it doesn't sound like much and should be easy...but each week I keep yo-yoing with my weight. Last week I lost 3.3! Then this week I gained 1.1...ughh.
I also wanted to be down like 15 pounds by xmas...that also seems impossible.

I know I should just re-evaluate my goals and change them, but I wanted this so bad.
Just a down day I suppose =/

Replies

• strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Keep striving for those goals! It's not halloween yet!! You still got a few weeks to go, so why give up now?? Even if you fall short a little on your 5 lb goal, that is still a major accomplishment to even say lose 3 lbs by Halloween or even 2. 15 lbs by Christimas is a good goal, and you can do it =] I'm striving to lose almost 20-30 lbs by Christmas so if anybody's goal is a little too high, it's mine ;) Just keep trying your best. Don't focus TOO much on your time line though because sometimes stuff just gets in the way, so don't beat yourself up over it.
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Don't give up. It is a journey. It is not the speed. Even if you don't get to your goal of losing 5 by Halloween, you will have been mighty closer to your goal of losing 5 pounds. Sometimes look back and see how far you have come.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    There are lots of people on there that really want to help, but if your food diary is private makes us wonder how in the world can we help you?
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    Thanks guys =)
    I won't give up by any means...I just wish my goals were moreattainable so I felt that constant drive to get there.
    But you're right, even to only lose 2 or 3 is still an accomplishment!
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    There are lots of people on there that really want to help, but if your food diary is private makes us wonder how in the world can we help you?

I was just looking for encouragement. Not someone to investigate my food journal.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,616 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Don't give up. It is a journey. It is not the speed. Even if you don't get to your goal of losing 5 by Halloween, you will have been mighty closer to your goal of losing 5 pounds. Sometimes look back and see how far you have come.
    I agree with this. If you make consistency your goal, the weight loss will happen naturally, whether it's by Halloween or sometime a little sooner or later. Hang in there. It's worth it!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had to keep readjusting my goals and I got really down about it. I finally had to realize I wasn't going to lose weight as fast as some people, but as long as I was losing weight steadily I will eventually meet my goals. Slow and steady is me. Just look at your goals each week and see if anything need to be adjusted. Make sure you are eating enough calories and exercising.