I'm looking for a Chili recipe using soy crumbles

supico1
supico1 Posts: 34
edited September 22 in Recipes
I love chili! I have always used ground beef but now i have become a vegetarian. I have never made chili myself
(I know that's crazy but I haven't) now i would like to try making chili using the Boca soy crumbles...

If you have made chili with soy meat please send me a recipe!

Replies

• gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Here is the link to the Boca classic chili recipe.
    Absolutely amazing chili!!

http://www.bocaburger.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&recipe_id=75652
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    I've used dried soya to make chilli for about 15 years!!!!

We add a little marmite to some boiling water to add a bit of flavour together with the soya, leave to expand for a few minutes then drain.
    Add to a saucepan chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, kidney beans and honey (add mushrooms too if you like them) then add the drained soya.... and that is literally it!!!!! :wink: :drinker:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I haven't made chili with soy crumbles because I'm not allowed to eat soy. But I do make my Grandmothers Chili Cook-Off Award Winning Chili. I'm sure you could just substitute the soy crumbles for the ground beef.

I'll see if I can copy it here since I entered it in the recipe section on MFP. Okay, the numbers didn't copy where they were legible, but here is the recipe and instructions.

93% lean ground beef--2 pounds
    pinto beans--1 bag
    kidney beans--1 bag
    small red beans--1 bag
    Onion--1 medium
    Jalapeño or Serrano peppers--about 12
    Chili Powder--6 Tablespoons
    Crushed Red Pepper--2 Tablespoons
    Spaghetti Sauce--1 large can (32 ounces)
    8 to 12 cups water
    1 cup flour
    2 cups cold water

Boil the beans until tender. (3-4 hours) Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. In separate bowl, combine 2 cups cold water with 1 cup flour. Mix until smooth. Combine 8-12 cups of water, cooked beans, and all other ingredients except flour mixture. Slowly add flour mixture so there are no lumps. Cook until peppers are tender and flavors have blended.

Serves about 20.

1 Serving is 248 calories, 34 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fat, 19 grams protein, 8 grams fiber, and 340 mg sodium.

Obviously, the nutrition info will change with the soy crumbles, and I'm not sure how they are prepared so you may not have to brown them with the onions. If it is too hot you can leave out the peppers and adjust the amount of crushed red pepper and chili powder.
  • supico1
    supico1 Posts: 34
    Yummy!! Thanks guys! I'm looking at all of them!
This discussion has been closed.