How do you change the calorie allowance. Mine is too low

Options
I've looked through the help pages but I can't work out how to change it. Thanks

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did you tell it that you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week? You could change that to a smaller weekly loss.

It will allow you extra calories as you exercise.

What is it giving you, what do you want it to be, and how have you calculated that?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    From the Goals page, either change your weight loss goal, e.g. to 0.5 lbs instead of 1 lb, or go to custom goal setting and set whatever calorie number you find reasonable.
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    From the Goals page, either change your weight loss goal, e.g. to 0.5 lbs instead of 1 lb, or go to custom goal setting and set whatever calorie number you find reasonable.

This.

Home --> Goal --> Change Goals --> Custom and then you can change your dayly calories directly by writing the number :)
  • pinkjan4288
    Options
    My setting is for 1lb a week loss. According to my fitbit I burn 2000 at least per day.
    I walk about 6 miles a day. I really want my goal to be 1500 per day but it's been set at 1250.
    Thanks
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    have you put how many days a week you workout?
    did u change your lifestyle activities?

or from the goal page, you can customize your calories. but you kinda got to know your TDEE too

Update Your Diet Profile

To help us update your personalized fitness goals, please update your profile by making any changes to the values below.

Change units for weight and height (e.g. kg vs lbs)
    Current Weight: lbs
    Goal Weight: lbs
    Height: ft in
    Date of Birth:
    How would you describe your normal daily activities?
    Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)
    Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)
    How many times a week do you plan on exercising?
    workouts / week min. / workout
    How do you want to track expended energy?
    Calories Kilojoules
    What is your goal?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My setting is for 1lb a week loss. According to my fitbit I burn 2000 at least per day.
    I walk about 6 miles a day. I really want my goal to be 1500 per day but it's been set at 1250.
    Thanks

set it to 0.5 lbs/week. It'll add 250. Sorted.
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What others said about the technical stuff. Is the walking just daily stuff you don't otherwise log or eat back? I get that difference too, and it's because I said sedentary due to my job--which is how MFP defines it--but I walk a lot, so am not. I just let fitbit adjust it, which similarly increases your calorie goal, but I can see why you'd want a more certain goal.