white wine marinated steak

Options
brityn
brityn Posts: 443 Member
This is a perfect portion for me, but my husband needed two. He absolutely loved it! I served it with green beans and mushrooms (recipe to follow) and smashed cauliflower (recipe to follow)

3 tbls. white wine
1tbls. olive oil
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 lb. chuck eye steaks, trimmed of visible fat
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
cooking spray
1 large shallot
1/4 c. fat-free low sodium beef broth

1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish, whisk to combine and add steaks. Let stand at room temperature for 10 min. turning once halfway through to coat. Remove steaks from marinade; reserve marinade. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm. Add shallot to pan; saute 1 minute. Add reserved marinade and broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Spoon sauce over steaks. Serves 4 (3 oz. steak 1 tablespoon sauce)

calories 227
fat 14.4 g
protein 21.6g
carb 1.4 g
fiber .1g

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I appreciate these, since my focus is low carb--thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Ooh, these look good. We love steak and it's usually so high in fat and calories it's a huge calorie count buster (like the filets we had last night!). I'll have to try these. Can't do the cauliflower thing though, once when we were doing South Beach I made the "surprise south beach potatoes" (close to your cauliflower) and my husband made me promise I would never "surprise" him again! (I think I would like them though!)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I didn't really like the south beach ones either. Last christmas I made this for christmas dinner with 1/4 red potatoes and 3/4 cauliflower. I told everyone there was a surprise 'healthy' item on the table and had everyone guess. They all guessed it had something ot do with the lime jello salad and couldn't believe when I told them that it was the potatoes. If you leave the skin on the red potatoes it really throws them off when they can see the little red flecks. I'd challenge you to try it again this way.
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump!! My hubby loves steak!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds sooooo good!