looking for support

Options
Hello all,

After a long search I finally found a site that is easy to use.

My name is nikki, I am 41 years old,and I am sick and tired of being over weight. I have always been curvy, but after giving up sports, the weight just started coming. 5 years ago, i was 350lbs, it took 2 years but i was able to drop 100. Just when i was on track a year and a half ago, i had to have surgery.( grapefruit size fibroids on my uterus). Now it seems the weight is coming faster and faster. I have realized that i have to REALLY watch what i eat, and STOP SNACKING on the wrong things. I am hoping i can find the motivation and support that i need here.

Have a blessed day

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck on your journey!
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is not only easy to use, but it has all kinds of support. If you have an iphone, there is an app for that also. A must for me because I have my pre-charted foods, for the day, at my fingertips no matter where I am. Good luck on your journey, and remember, we are all on this journey together.
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Welcome & good luck. There is a lot of support here & with determination you will succeed.Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My favorite part of the site are the healthy recipes, since I absolutely love to cook! Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me as a friend
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Nikki:

Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • Snowwhite9700
    Options
    Hi I am Mary Jane. I am over50 years old and 70 pounds overweight. I need support and guidance to meet my goals. Help!! Looking for friends who understand and can help me through.
  • brirva
    brirva Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome! I just started today myself and I'm discovering the amazing amount of food information on this site!