low carb mashed potatoes

Options
brityn
brityn Posts: 443 Member
I make these instead of real mashed potatoes all the time, whether I'm doing low carb or not. You get another serving of low starch veggies, and they're absolutely delicious! I served them with the white wine marinated steak I posted earlier, the sauce with the cauliflower is so very good!

1 large head cauliflower trimmed and cut into small pieces
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 plain, fat free yogurt
1/4 c. low fat shredded cheese (i used mozzerella)

Steam cauliflower until very tender. Puree with an emersion blender until very smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and puree to combine.

I make these a little earlier than the rest of my dinner because they tend to set up a little better after they've set for 5 min or so. Try making them with half red potatoes and half cauliflower also.

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks! BUMP!:love:
  • dansu2000
    Options
    Looks yummy. Will definitely try, thanks
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I make these almost exactly the same but I use two Laughing Cow wedges (usually the garlic ones) and white pepper. I'm actually starting to love these more than mashed potatoes!
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow I never thought of that! I love mashed potatoes but never eat them anymore. Will definitely have to try this! :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot about this...thanks for sharing
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I may have to try this. I absolutely HATE regular mashed potatoes but these sound delish!!!!