Depo Shot & losing weight?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
It's know to cause extreme weight gain, but I heard if you exercise and stay on a decent diet you can lose weight as well and not worry about the extra gain from the shot. Is there anyone who is currently on this shot and still losing weight? Am i the only one?

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Been on the shot for a while and gained the weight simply because I ate what I wanted when I wanted and did not exercise. I have been losing weight using MFP and am still using the Depo Shot. So I agree with you that if you exercise and eat within your daily cals it can be done. If you don't see results you should ask your doc because everyones body is different.

Good luck!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    No, me too, you're not alone! :happy:

I know each woman is different, but to be fair I think it's all too easy an excuse to say 'I'm not losing weight because I'm on the depo...' :laugh: Yes, I think it contributes to quick weight gain for sure - but if you set your mind to it, you can still lose weight while on it.

I've been on the depo quite a number of years now and successfully lost (and gained!!) weight during that time.

It's a factor to consider, but not the "be all and end all"
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    No, me too, you're not alone! :happy:

I know each woman is different, but to be fair I think it's all too easy an excuse to say 'I'm not losing weight because I'm on the depo...' :laugh: Yes, I think it contributes to quick weight gain for sure - but if you set your mind to it, you can still lose weight while on it.

I've been on the depo quite a number of years now and successfully lost (and gained!!) weight during that time.

It's a factor to consider, but not the "be all and end all"

Well said!:wink:
This discussion has been closed.