Getting Back to It!

Options
I was using MFP everyday this last summer. Things were going great and the weight was coming off and then I was hired at the last minute for a teaching job. I was hired on a Friday afternoon around 4:30 and they needed me there by Monday morning at 8:00! Over the weekend between packing, moving, finding a place to live, finding a temporary place to stay, we also had a family wedding. My life has pretty much been a whirlwind since then! I was able to keep off the weight that I had lost and even loose a few more pounds.

Recently I have gained back about 2 pounds so I have decided no matter how crazy my life is I need to do this. I want to start logging everday again and holding myself accountable for what I eat. So here I am back again and getting back to it!

P.S. Any other teachers out there...if you have any advice of how you get through your day and keep it healthy and get in a workout, it would be much appreciated!

Replies

• Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Welcome back! Good luck on your journey xxx
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It is hard going from summer vacation - where I could easily work out everyday, doing things like walking the dog & swimming to the school schedule where I leave at 6:30 am & get home at 6:30 pm. I get up at 4:30 am two days a week to run & take a jazzercise class right after school two days a week (I go while my daughter is still at daycare). I plan dinner for the week & go to the grocery store on saturday to get everything. I plan my breakfast & lunch at night & log it ahead of time to keep myself honest. It has been a struggle. Any advice would be appreciated:)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! My sister is a teacher and I know her routine so I can share : )
    My sister teaches in a town 30 minutes away and works from 8 - 4 (roughly) straight from work she goes to the gym (before even going home) she brings all of her workout gear with her. She says she does this because IF she goes home first, she's less likely to leave again!! Make it almost like ... a second job. When you're done work, go straight to your workout before going home! Just tell yourself your work day is not over for another 30 minutes and add that on to your day :)

then once you get home, you have the entire evening to relax without having to think about getting back up off the couch to go to the gym (which is how it would be if you went home first, yknow?)

Also, teaching schedules can be quite grueling!!! My sister brings snacks to work throughout the day and nibbles. However, they are good snacks. Apples, fruits, veggies, a whole wheat bagel etc. things along those sorts!! Nibble on things throughout the day whenever you have a chance (recess and such) so that you're not completely starving by the time you get home and just want to unleash and eat everything.

I hope this helps a little, goodluck with your new workout plan and all the best. If you want to add me as a friend feel free and keep in touch :)

I'm not a teacher, but i work for the school board (in administration) so i find i do much the same as my sister (however i have a husband and 2 young children at home so for me working out straight from work isn't an option) instead, I come home, wait until my kids are asleep and do a DVD then (it's usually only a half an hour or so and it works out well) or i take my kids for a walk before their bedtime. All these things can work, it's what suits you best : )

goodluck hun!!