For all Pasta Lovers...

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
who don't want the carbs to go along with the pasta!

I just discovered Dreamfields Pasta, and it is great! It has some kind of special fiber or something that renders most of the carbs in the pasta indigestible, so you only get 5 carbs per 2 oz (dry) serving!! You just have to make sure to cook it al dente--if you over cook it, the fiber converts to digestible sort and then you get all the carbs.

I had some with lunch, sauteed with a little butter and garlic with a little Parmesan on top and it was delicious! First pasta I've had in years since I'm a diabetic and normal pasta is off limits for me.

No digestion problems either and blood sugar only went up from 89 to 124 at the highest after eating!

I CAN EAT PASTA AGAIN! :happy:

Oh, and I found it at my neighborhood grocery store for about $2.30 a pound.

Here's what the website says:

Dreamfields pasta is made from the finest durum wheat semolina to give you delicious old-world taste and al dente texture for your special pasta dishes. With Dreamfields you get the healthy advantage, making Dreamfields the perfect pasta for health conscious pasta lovers.

Dreamfields pasta is available in 6 popular shapes: Lasagna, Rotini, Spaghetti, Linguine, Elbows, and Penne Rigate.

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    who don't want the carbs to go along with the pasta!

I just discovered Dreamfields Pasta, and it is great! It has some kind of special fiber or something that renders most of the carbs in the pasta indigestible, so you only get 5 carbs per 2 oz (dry) serving!! You just have to make sure to cook it al dente--if you over cook it, the fiber converts to digestible sort and then you get all the carbs.

I had some with lunch, sauteed with a little butter and garlic with a little Parmesan on top and it was delicious! First pasta I've had in years since I'm a diabetic and normal pasta is off limits for me.

No digestion problems either and blood sugar only went up from 89 to 124 at the highest after eating!

I CAN EAT PASTA AGAIN! :happy:

Oh, and I found it at my neighborhood grocery store for about $2.30 a pound.

Here's what the website says:

Dreamfields pasta is made from the finest durum wheat semolina to give you delicious old-world taste and al dente texture for your special pasta dishes. With Dreamfields you get the healthy advantage, making Dreamfields the perfect pasta for health conscious pasta lovers.

Dreamfields pasta is available in 6 popular shapes: Lasagna, Rotini, Spaghetti, Linguine, Elbows, and Penne Rigate.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Another good option is spaghetti squash if you can find it :) I'm still trying to recipies!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Another good option is spaghetti squash if you can find it :) I'm still trying to recipies!

BLACHHH!! I don't like squash of any kind and want my pasta to look and taste like pasta!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :tongue: Yum yum...Pasta lover here. Don't like those carbs either. Thanks for the great discovery!! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ooo both options sound good to me....and as an gal who grew up on pasta LOL....I have to put my 2 cents in...I have tried Barilla Plus and so far its really good, has omega 3 and lots of fiber and protein too and looks and tastes like regular pasta....I am soooo not a fan of wheat pasta....that's just wrong LOL...

Even my picky mcgee son thinks its real pasta lol its made w/ lentils ....really yum!
    hugs,
    ali