New and looking for inspiration

Options
Starting a new chapter in my life and looking for inspiration and good advice. I'm 44 and need to lose over 100 pounds. Seems like a daunting task but I know it can be done!

Replies

• WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Starting a new chapter in my life and looking for inspiration and good advice. I'm 44 and need to lose over 100 pounds. Seems like a daunting task but I know it can be done!

I know it seems daunting, but it's definitely possible! I've been going at it since January and I've lost 77lbs! You can definitely do it!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Here's to a new chapter and a new you! You deserve it! The best of luck to you on this journey.:smile:
  • paulgee11369
    Options
    I started in August of 2010 and have lost 26 lbs as of today. It seems real hard at first but is easier now. to me the hardest was the first 10 lbs, then after that hump it has been easier once you start seeing the fruits of your labor.

just a tip that I tell my friends that works best for me. I give myself a cheat meal about once every 2-3 weeks. now with this cheat meal moderation is the key. when I do this I eat my normal the rest of the day and have a salad before my cheat meal. also learn to eat slow and really enjoy your food. by doing this I find that I do eat less of the bad stuff and dont feel like I am missing out.

making the right choices is the best key to food and there are a ton of great recipies out there as well as some good guides. I don't look at it as a diet but as a lifestyle change that I needed myself and found that I can still snack and such without going over my daily goal. also dont look at it as I have to loose x amount right now but set a goal of 10 lbs at a time. like today for example I broke the 230 wall and I am looking forward to seeing the 220 wall fall.

I wish you luck and we are all here for you if you need help. I also know my way dosen't work for everyone but I hope it helps.

I am 41 looking to loose a total of 75 right now
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!!! Lots of us here to listen and try to help when/if needed! I do WW along w/this site -- started using this site when I hit a 9 week plateau at Weight Watchers. I love cooking, trying new recipes & find that is a big help -- I quickly get tired of the "diet" foods (and dieting itself) so this time around I am trying to a Lifestyle Change to be healthy and fit!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Advise wise. Don't eat anything after dinner or 5 pm. Those calories go to bed with you. That was the first rule I started following faithfully. Sadly I was told 2 years ago I am hypoglycemic. So I do have to eat in the evening hours. I just keep it small now. Maybe a yogurt or a bowl of fruit. (no cream). I keep no "junk" in the house. Much to my husbands dismay! If you eat out, go for the healthier choices. They can be found. Moderation and portion control are very important.
    Losing over a 100 is possible. When I started, wasn't here, I was over 300. I shed 155 in a little over 2 years. Medications brought back 45 of it and now 9 of that is gone.
    You can do it. Best wishes.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    welcome! it always hits me hard when i see new men on this right around your age. my dad was 47 when he had a massive heart attack and mini stroke. he pulled through, but was changed forever psychologically and cognitively. he was spared and given a second chance, and claims to realize it, but 4 years have passed, and he's done nothing to prevent the same thing from happening again.

my best advice? no matter what, never give up.
  • brirva
    brirva Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for all encouragement everyone!