tired of eggs

Options
joann
joann Posts: 624 Member
I am trying so hard to do low carb and low calories.............so sick of eggs for breakfast. I ordered coconut flour but it has not come yet and right now I am so hungry but I am so sick of eggs..........any ideas what I can have for breakfast...

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You could either wait with the low carb and just keep a calorie deficit until your coconut flour arrives, or get creative. Have you tried almond milk+chia "pudding"? Bacon and cheese baskets? Cauliflower "hash"? Sausage and mushroom casserole? etc
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes. It holds me until lunch but not as well as an egg beater omelet. Try other forms of protein such as non traditional breakfast items such as left over meat and veggies.

Hope you get lots of ideas as I am having the same problem.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I am trying so hard to do low carb and low calories.............so sick of eggs for breakfast. I ordered coconut flour but it has not come yet and right now I am so hungry but I am so sick of eggs..........any ideas what I can have for breakfast...
    I'm not sure why you're low carb. Low carb is no magic way to lose weight. Anyway you could try something like Quinoa Porridge (google it) or as the previous poster said you could just eat some carbs which will open up your options
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sausages? you can microwave the frozen ones in a few minutes ....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You seem to be stuck in the mindset that breakfast has to be 'breakfast food'. Have a small steak. Some ham. Chicken or a tuna pattie or salmon cakes. Screw breakfast food!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Try greek yogurt or oatmeal (if it fits your macros) or depending on how hungry you are skip breakfast and enjoy a bigger lunch.

Eggs are great but I agree they can very boring.

Experimentation is the key, find several things that work and just keep switching them up.

Stick with the low carb if you want, some people on this forum are just sad to be losing you are high carber. They don't understand that you can be low carb and still be their friend!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Sick of eggs.......impossible.:happy:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Try greek yogurt or oatmeal (if it fits your macros) or depending on how hungry you are skip breakfast and enjoy a bigger lunch.

Experimentation is the key, find several things that work and just keep switching them up.

Stick with the low carb if you want, some people on this forum are just sad to be losing you are high carber. They don't understand that you can be low carb and still be their friend!
    Any chance you get to trash talk members you jump all over it. Pathetic.
    No one has told the OP not to do low carb. Stop being so defensive especially since none of the comments were directed at you.

Lol - give but don't like it back. Sad

Also you need to lighten up and take a friendly poke - since you've not been eating bagels you've changed - roll on tomorrow when you get your sense of humour back.
    If going low carb because am issue then maybe low carb is not for you. It also won't have some magic weight loss properties that moderate or high carb setups do.
    I'm not sure why you're low carb. Low carb is no magic way to lose weight. Anyway you could try something like Quinoa Porridge (google it) or as the previous poster said you could just eat some carbs which will open up your options
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I can eat taco meat for every meal.. I make the taco seasoning myself to avoid added sugar and MSG.. I use beef, ground chicken, small diced chicken breast, pork or whatever meat I have available. Then I just scoop it into a romaine lettuce leaf to use as a shell and add some greek yogurt, cheese, and diced avocados.. YUM! It's delicious for breakfast and really fast if you already have a tub of taco meat sitting in your fridge.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Any chance you get to trash talk members you jump all over it. Pathetic.
    No one has told the OP not to do low carb. Stop being so defensive especially since none of the comments were directed at you.

Lol - give but don't like it back. Sad

Also you need to lighten up and take a friendly poke - since you've not been eating bagels you've changed - roll on tomorrow when you get your sense of humour back.
    If going low carb because am issue then maybe low carb is not for you. It also won't have some magic weight loss properties that moderate or high carb setups do.
    If you return something with substance I will gladly accept.
    Yes my bagels return tomorrow. My thoughts on you will still remain the same.

The line you bolded never said don't do it. I just pointed out the truth.

Anyway, I'm not going to derail this persons thread arguing with you.....I have a roll to go eat.

Enjoy!:wink:
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It would be more helpful if you gave more information for us to go off of.

Such as: how many carbs you want to eat at breakfast and how many calories you'd like to stay at ("low carb/calorie" can mean anything).

If you mean NO carbs, than I would suggest chicken, turkey, or low fat pork sausage.

If you mean under 10 carbs then toss some veggies and cheese in with your eggs for an omelette- endless possibilities.

If you mean low carbs as in just under 80g a day, then have a small bowl of oatmeal with milk and cinnamon.

I also agree with the person who said to screw breakfast food: have a steak, eat some tuna, whatever looks good.
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Some of my non-carb (bread), non-egg breakfast favorites are:
    yogurt + fruit,
    ricotta cheese with sliced strawberries, a tsp of sugar, and a little vanilla extract (tastes like strawberry shortcake... you could even add a dollop of fat free cool wip)
    banana + walnuts + cinnamon, heated up
    pan-seared sliced heirloom tomato,
    canned stewed tomatoes with black beans (both pan-heated to cook off the juices),
    tuna melt,
    pre-cooked turkey patties,
    boca burger - california flavor, black bean, or mushroom
    sliced deli meat
    kroger frozen turkey meatballs with marinara sauce

OK, now I'm hungry... :-) I agree that breakfast doesn't have to be all "breakfast" foods; spice up what you eat and when and it'll help give your system a little shock.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Well, what are you in the mood for at breakfast? I'm not low carb, but I don't like (or don't find filling) most of the high carb traditional breakfast options, with the exception of oatmeal, so I eat eggs + vegetables in some form or another a lot. If not eggs, what about some kind of green smoothie with protein powder? Smoked salmon plus vegetables plus yogurt (or is dairy an issue?). Or--what I do for variation--leftovers for breakfast. No reason it has to be traditional breakfast food. I had leftover lamb and brussels sprouts with cottage cheese today.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My doctor just suggest to get max. weight loss to have less than 50 gramsof carbs a day and under 100 grams of protein. Im trying it to see what happens. My way I lost 10 lbs in less than a month and so far I have lost 7 in 3 weeks doing it her weigh.. I honestly believe eating what I like and still sticking to my calorie goal is going to win out...cant live without my pasta and yes zucchini made to look like spaghetti really doesnt do the same for me :)
    thanks for all the suggested meals.. My coconut flour came yesterday afternoon so I am trying a pancake this morning yeahhhhhhh
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    My doctor just suggest to get max. weight loss to have less than 50 gramsof carbs a day and under 100 grams of protein. Im trying it to see what happens. My way I lost 10 lbs in less than a month and so far I have lost 7 in 3 weeks doing it her weigh.. I honestly believe eating what I like and still sticking to my calorie goal is going to win out...cant live without my pasta and yes zucchini made to look like spaghetti really doesnt do the same for me :)
    thanks for all the suggested meals.. My coconut flour came yesterday afternoon so I am trying a pancake this morning yeahhhhhhh
    Yeah, GP's shouldn't be giving out dietary advice.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    One day, when I'm fully awake for breakfast, I'd love to try making low-carb pancakes. There are loads of recipes around, some of them use banana, some of them use protein powder or oatmeal. They do have eggs in them, but it's not gonna exactly be an eggy breakfast. I'm not a 'low carb' dieter but they seem to have less calories overall, so I can totally eat more of them lol.

You could also stuff a red pepper with your favourite breakfast treats, like ground sausage and cheese and veggies. Or fry a slice of ham or two, fill with broccoli, cheese, spinach, peppers, etc and roll up like a burrito. Yogurt and fruit are also awesome options! Good luck to you!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    If you're sick of eggs, don't eat eggs.

Doing low carb AND low calorie is very difficult, so I'm not sure what to suggest to replace eggs. Foods low in protein are often high in calories - meat, cheese, eggs, etc. On low carb, your protein intake should be pretty darn high - if not, you're not really doing it right. The doctor that said to keep your protein intake under 100 g per day is an idiot. When I did Atkins (never. again.), I lost 40 lbs in 4 months by eating 20 net grams of carbohydrates per day. I didn't count calories at all, and I CERTAINLY didn't track my fat intake, because low carb usually means high fat.

I think you should focus on just one. It's fine to cut calories and monitor your carbohydrate limit, of course, but cutting calories AND carbs isn't really necessary.